Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Burnley Away

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 6 - No saves to make. Decent enough with his feet, uncomfortable on crosses.

Lamptey - 8 - MOM - Energy, skill, pace, commitment. Clearly a bit raw at times but imagine what he'll be like when he's 23.
Webster - 6 - Three at the back lets Webby play to his strength, bringing the ball forward. A strong finish to the season
Dunk - 6 - The first serious cock up by Dunk for years. Good apart from that, Some great passing.
Burn - 6 - Quiet game. Better on the ground and worse in the air than he should be
March - 5 - Had a chance to stake a claim to the club to not go out and get a new LWB. Failed to take his chance with poor delivery of final ball. Diligent defensive work, and lovely cross field passes, but he'll be disappointed

Stephens - 6 - Tidy on the ball but lacking in ambition. Lucky not to give away a penalty. Well done for finishing the season as one of the top two midfielders
Bissouma - 8 - Great tackle to set up his strike. Legs everywhere and energetic. He deserved that goal.
MacAllister - 3 - About five woeful corners. Failed with simple passes and simple control more than once. Not where we need him to be yet

Connolly - 7 - Looks a different player as part of a two. Great link up play and Maupay and a constant menace. Well deserved goal.
Maupay - 6 - Didn't give the Burnley defence a moment's peace. Did brilliantly to win that header to hit the bar

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ryan - 6 - No saves to make. Decent enough with his feet, uncomfortable on crosses.

Lamptey - 8 - MOM - Energy, skill, pace, commitment. Clearly a bit raw at times but imagine what he'll be like when he's 23.
Webster - 6 - Three at the back lets Webby play to his strength, bringing the ball forward. A strong finish to the season
Dunk - 6 - The first serious cock up by Dunk for years. Good apart from that, Some great passing.
Burn - 6 - Quiet game. Better on the ground and worse in the air than he should be
March - 5 - Had a chance to stake a claim to the club to not go out and get a new LWB. Failed to take his chance with poor delivery of final ball. Diligent defensive work, and lovely cross field passes, but he'll be disappointed

Stephens - 6 - Tidy on the ball but lacking in ambition. Lucky not to give away a penalty. Well done for finishing the season as one of the top two midfielders
Bissouma - 8 - Great tackle to set up his strike. Legs everywhere and energetic. He deserved that goal.
MacAllister - 3 - About five woeful corners. Failed with simple passes and simple control more than once. Not where we need him to be yet

Connolly - 7 - Looks a different player as part of a two. Great link up play and Maupay and a constant menace. Well deserved goal.
Maupay - 6 - Didn't give the Burnley defence a moment's peace. Did brilliantly to win that header to hit the bar

I think your MacAllister rating might be controversial.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can’t be too hard on Mac for the corners

Unless we boot it too the back post for one of our lumps to nod back , we’re getting nothing whoever takes them

An area that needs serious attention in pre season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What's he doing idfferently to get these rave reviews? Not disputing it, but no one seems to be specific when they say this.

He’s in position all of the time now, whereas pre-Lamptey he could often be caught out of position. Maybe having the better full back next to him has helped, but he’s playing more confidently. Before the break he looked shot, he looked weak and wasn’t winning headers, he’s now playing with more confidence.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Unless we boot it too the back post for one of our lumps to nod back , we’re getting nothing whoever takes them

They were an area of frustration today, every one was high into the 6 yard box, that’s bread and butter for Pope.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Ryan 6
Lamptey 8
Dunk 7
Webster 7
Burn 6
Stephens 8.5 mom
Bissouma 8
March 6.5
Mac 6
Connolly 7
Maupay 7

Mooy 5
Propper 6
Bernado 6
Murray n-a

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What's he doing idfferently to get these rave reviews? Not disputing it, but no one seems to be specific when they say this.

Fewer unforced errors.
Harder to get past.
Playing with a lot more authority.

He has the air of someone who believes he should be playing in the premier league and is worth the money.
That wasn’t the case before.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Definitely, the tactic they have used this season obviously hasn't worked so needs to be looked at again. Also need to work on defending corners better!

Webster has got better and better, think he finally feels he belongs in this league. There are a few other players where you think, yeah there is more to come from them. Players like Biss, Maupay, Connolly, Lamptey etc.
With some clever recruitment and improved loanees returning, we could reach Mr Blooms target of a top 10 finish within the next couple of seasons.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Entitled to your opinion, I also feel the Mac rating is very harsh. Bit like a rating you'd give if we got spanked 3-0 and was gifting goals... I'd also bump Webby up 1 more too, he's been great since restart and is on track to be a future captain in my opinion (I'm old school, I prefer the CB to be captain haha)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Last season we may have been crying out to vary our corners instead of all going to Duffy at far post. But looking back he won so many headers there which is a lot more then we do now. Burns on goal line today when surely would have been better at far post. At least vary it

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

For me - less errors, better concentration - see some of the tackles at Southampton, wonder if he did some weight work, as he definitely started winning more aerial duels.

I would say he's been our best player post lock down.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 8
Burn 6 - should have tucked in more on the goal
Webster 7
Dunk 5 - some good blocks and passes, but some sloppy ones and switched off on the goal.
Stephens 6
MacAllister 5 - not happening for him
March 6
Bissouma 8
Maupay 7
Connolly 7

Propper 6
Bernardo 6
Mooy 6
Murray - N/A
AJ - N/A

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ryan 6 - little to do. Still not convincing on crosses.
Lamptey 8 - a few small mistakes but he corrects so well. My goodness, he'll be very very good
Burn 7 - thought he played well. They had very little down his side
Webster 7 - solid
Dunk 6 - played really well, but dropped a point for giving Wood so much space
Stephens 7 - good game, benefotted from Biss playing a blinder
MacAllister 6 - some lovely touches and so much time on the ball, but not affecting the game the way he soon will
March 5 - so wanted him to do well. Tackles back and pinging balls to Lamptey, but can't cross and so lightweight.
Bissouma 8 - MOM for me. Storming game capped with a much needed goal. Has stopped simply diving in and now seriously controls the middle
Maupay 7 - kept their defence on edge, always contributes. 15-20 goals next season
Connolly 7 - loved that he scored, he needed that. Please don't loan him out.

Propper 6 - slow to get going
Bernardo 6 - didn't stand out, would love to see him step up
Mooy 6
Murray - hope this wasn't a farewell
AJ - N/A

Potter 8 - Out thought Dyche and you can see where we are going. Thank you.

Tony Bloom 10 - necessary decision to release CH. Bold to appoint Potter. Generous investment. Getting his reward. Thanks Uncle Tony.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Connolly 7 - loved that he scored, he needed that. Please don't loan him out.

Luckily, it's only the NSC intelligentsia considering that. GP and the club know better. Aaron is going nowhere

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I haven’t seen the game but for a match away at Burnley, with nothing to play for, and we get three points, it’s a nine for everyone

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 6
Lamptey 8 MOTM
Burn 7
Dunk 6.5
Webster 7
Stephens 7
Bissouma 8
March 5
MacAllister 5.5