Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New right back?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I wonder if it wouldn’t be worth pushing lamptey further forward and let him be our traore he was so dangerous in Burnley’s half in the end they had to put 2 on him and his height will always be a negative in the back four not necessarily so in a winger role

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wonder if it wouldn’t be worth pushing lamptey further forward and let him be our traore he was so dangerous in Burnley’s half in the end they had to put 2 on him and his height will always be a negative in the back four not necessarily so in a winger role

A few of us here have discussed this. Not a new idea, but glad to see others catching on. This boy is seriously special...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lamptey was playing in his best position today. RWB. Potter has rarely played with wingers, so I think what you're suggesting is low on the priority list.

I think 3-5-2 is the best formation we haven with our current players

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
3-5-2 works for us and I would be surprised if this wasn’t our standard formation next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lamptey was playing in his best position today. RWB. Potter has rarely played with wingers, so I think what you're suggesting is low on the priority list.

Agreed! Lamps worst game was right wing v Man Utd. Admittedly, it was a hard game and didn’t see much of ball and Montoya & him had work cut out. RWB looks perfect for him. And I think Bernardo is better there than March too. New left back / LWB is a must for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This - three ball-playing CBs (Webster, Dunk, White) and two flying WBs (Lamptey and AN Other/Bernardo/Burn/March).......

3-5-2 in attack and 5-3-2 defending.

Lamptey will be immense next season, we’ll be getting stupid bids.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Height was never really an issue for Ashley Cole or Kenny Sansom

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Agreed! Lamps worst game was right wing v Man Utd. Admittedly, it was a hard game and didn’t see much of ball and Montoya & him had work cut out. RWB looks perfect for him. And I think Bernardo is better there than March too. New left back / LWB is a must for me.

i think his performance against southampton was worse. Ings murdered him.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
i think his performance against southampton was worse. Ings murdered him.

That was a clever tactical change by Hassenhuttl at half time which Potter didn’t respond to until it was too late... Ings movement behind Lamptey which he will learn from. There were a couple of warning signs before the actual goal.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He has to be a wing back as his positioning for defending isnt good right now.

Ryan/new signing

Lamptey
Webster
Dunk
Burn
Bernardo/March/new signing

White
Bissouma
Lallana

Trossard
Maupay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Until we got Lamptey (and saw how good he was after lockdown) I'd have gone for Tavernier from Rangers because of his superb crossing ability. I don't think he'd come here to be an understudy to Lamptey, so I'm quite happy to keep Montoya until RBs emerge from the youngsters who can shadow him.

For now, new RB is at the very bottom of our list of priorities!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Height was never really an issue for Ashley Cole or Kenny Sansom

They were respectively 5” and 4” taller than Lamptey, which is quite a bit.

I don’t have a problem with Tariq’s height, though. He was competing well with the Burnley thugs today

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This - three ball-playing CBs (Webster, Dunk, White) and two flying WBs (Lamptey and AN Other/Bernardo/Burn/March).......

3-5-2 in attack and 5-3-2 defending.

Lamptey will be immense next season, we’ll be getting stupid bids.

And we'll be telling them to F off :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here