Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Those Deserving Of Humble Pie . . .

el punal

Please step forward, you’re most welcome to a lovely, chewy bit of gristle.

Just to recap, since the restart of the season our boys have done rather well - P9 W3 D3 L3 Points 12

The three defeats were against the (now) top three teams in the League.

We have just beaten our bogey side, away, for the first time in eight years.

So for those of you naysayers who thought we were doomed, thought the team lightweight, thought Potter was out of his depth, thought the tactics all wrong, and any other thing you objected to, well enjoy your ‘Umbles.

Bon Appetit! :drink:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Please step forward, you’re most welcome to a lovely, chewy bit of gristle.

Just to recap, since the restart of the season our boys have done rather well - P9 W3 D3 L3 Points 12

The three defeats were against the (now) top three teams in the League.

We have just beaten our bogey side, away, for the first time in eight years.

So for those of you naysayers who thought we were doomed, thought the team lightweight, thought Potter was out of his depth, thought the tactics all wrong, and any other thing you objected to, well enjoy your ‘Umbles.

Bon Appetit! :drink:

When you consider how difficult the run of fixtures were it is very satisfying to have ended so well. Our away form also reads P4 W2 D2 L0 F4 A2

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It always amuses me that the response of some fans is not to enjoy a win, not to celebrate a successful season, but to hunt out anyone who when things got tough got a little worried about what that form might mean and shove it in their face. Seems odd behaviour. It's like those that are all 'where's the moaners now?!' after we win and play well. It's like they're not happy for our success, they're happy they get to say 'ha! told you so!' (even if they didn't actually say anything, just flounced to avoid the negativity).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure they've all learned their lesson and for the next 46 days this place will sugar and spice and all things nice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It always amuses me that the response of some fans is not to enjoy a win, not to celebrate a successful season, but to hunt out anyone who when things got tough got a little worried about what that form might mean and shove it in their face. Seems odd behaviour. It's like those that are all 'where's the moaners now?!' after we win and play well. It's like they're not happy for our success, they're happy they get to say 'ha! told you so!' (even if they didn't actually say anything, just flounced to avoid the negativity).

Great isn't it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Our form before the break was pretty woeful (only team in all divisions without a win in 2020) and all that. I have to admit I was nervous at the restart but our form has been solid against everyone apart from those top three.

Excellent effort boys!

I’m a considerably better fan than thou

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Tbf I’ve only seen Spence and a few others specifically be outspoken over their criticisms of Potter.

I’d say approx most of NSC have been fully behind GP. Some since start of the season (raises hand), by halfway point 90% of us seemed to support him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our form before the break was pretty woeful (only team in all divisions without a win in 2020) and all that. I have to admit I was nervous at the restart but our form has been solid against everyone apart from those top three.

Excellent effort boys!

Form wasn't results were

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Exactly.. and in this case it’s not even true.

There’s only one poster who’s been consistently anti Potter. OP, I think you’re need to say “I told you so” is aimed more at the outside football world, not here.

Tbf I’ve only seen Spence and a few others specifically be outspoken over their criticisms of Potter.

I’d say approx most of NSC have been fully behind GP. Some since start of the season (raises hand), by halfway point 90% of us seemed to support him.

That’s always the way, vast majority of fans support the incumbent, you would have got carted out of here in a white straight jacket if you were criticising Hughton a couple of Christmases ago. Four months later he was gone

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s always the way, vast majority of fans support the incumbent, you would have got carted out of here in a white straight jacket if you were criticising Hughton a couple of Christmases ago. Four months later he was gone

And yet you reckoned we wouldn't get past last season's points total.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Exactly - when are the fixtures out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here