Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crass comment from Sky commentator

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Shockingly poor analysis from @SkySportsPL. “Bad news for Bournemouth supporters is that their team is down. There but the grace of God think Brighton supporters”. Remind us of when exactly Brighton were ever in the relegation zone? Well done @OfficialBHAFC for a points record

Not what I expect for £69 a month. Useless burk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shockingly poor analysis from @SkySportsPL. “Bad news for Bournemouth supporters is that their team is down. There but the grace of God think Brighton supporters”. Remind us of when exactly Brighton were ever in the relegation zone? Well done @OfficialBHAFC for a points record

Several times they said we’d been in fear of relegation and tried to emphasise us losing leads in games.
#teamslikebrighton

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The Scottish pundit also was legitimately discussing investigating MacAllister as a potential call up for Scotland (obviously negating the fact he’s been capped by Argentina).

Typical ignorance for clubs outside top 6 as usual.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I couldn’t understand what he meant by that comment - was odd!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It is shocking how small a club commentators seem to consider of us. Almost like we should be getting relegated because we are too small time for their precious league

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Isn’t it spelt “berk”?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Scottish pundit also was legitimately discussing investigating MacAllister as a potential call up for Scotland (obviously negating the fact he’s been capped by Argentina).

Yes I shouted at the tv for that show of ignorance.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Think I might be right in saying we’ve only ever spent one game week in the relegation zone in the full 3 season. Seams a crazy stat when you think of how much we’re regarded as a team “struggling” all the time

Might be a reference to same number of wins. But draws do count in this game

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011

TOP DEFINITION
Berkeley Hunt
Berkeley Hunt is rhythm slang for the word, 'c**t'. It is a way of saying what you're sometimes actually thinking without offending those around you.
For example, you're in the middle of a busy supermarket when a little kid runs into the back of your heels with a shopping trolley. Instead of actually saying ****, you turn round and say, "aaahhhh, you little berkeley hunt!". This way no one is offended and you feel better.

Another example would be ask a woman to get her berkeley hunt out if you wanted a bit of 'business' off of her!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had the sound down in the Albion match to eliminate the tedious drone of two Sky amateurs.

After the match when playing back the Connolly winner, I was shocked by the main commentator’s ineptitude.

As Maupay and Connolly worked a great opening, then Connolly bore in on goal, the wally was chatting away with inane dribble until Connolly was about to tuck the ball away.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Seriously, did a Sky Sports pundit actually say that? Any chance of a link, anybody?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Schoolboy stuff, pathetic from Sky. Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

He wasn't oblivious. He knew he was Argentinian. The joke was about them checking his ancestral line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here