Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really deserved it as his work rate and movement doesn’t always get noticed by some. We look very dangerous when we go direct to feet and have those 2 running up front running off...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

His performances were always good. I wasn’t super concerned, but happy for the lad he deserves it.

He's a natural goalscorer at any level, we only have one other of those and let's see if we sign any more now - he should play much more games next season

We've only had 9 wins this season and despite his low number of games he has been critical in 4 of them, scoring, winning penalty, key assist

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good more or less all season - people wanting to send him to the Championship are just unable to look beyond the goal count. Happy that he got to score one though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Send him out on loan???? Dont be stupid.

I was one who was wondering if maybe he could do with a season in the Championship.

Fair play, he's changed my mind with his performance today. Not convinced he's a starter ever week, but yeah he can do a job for us next season. Pleased to see him end his dry spell today what a well taken goal and showed great strength to make it happen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So much for the lynching party calling for “simply not good enough” to be sent to the EFL on loan.

Potter knows best.

A brilliant goal btw, not intimidated by the giant presence of the PL’s inform keeper.

Yes it was a game when many might have thought Murray would be a better bet knowing how Burnley play...how wrong that was

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's a natural goalscorer at any level, we only have one other of those and let's see if we sign any more now - he should play much more games next season

We've only had 9 wins this season and despite his low number of games he has been critical in 4 of them, scoring, winning penalty, key assist

Pleased to hear you have changed your tune since the start of the season and recognise that some young players CAN come through without necessarily having a season-long loan somewhere - Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

Connolly thing is a joke, no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship.

The fact that you have to pick a 50 million player to make your point actually shows it doesn’t add up. Unless you are implying Connolly is on the same level as AWB? But he isn’t is he, he got dominated by the League 2 clogging centre backs at Crawley in pre season. How about we keep the discussion on some kind of firm grounding?

Ha ha yes Connolly is going to be a Premier League regular this season like Marcus Rashford - the comedy keeps coming from you eh Mr Logic :tantrum:

What’s the point raising Wan Bissaka and Rashford then in a discussion about Connolly’s readiness for the first team? Was there any point? I was arguing that Connolly wasn’t ready to be thrown in like those guys but needed toughening up in loan somewhere? Agree or disagree?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from struggling against crosses played very well and deserved to win. Connelly is an out and out fox in box type player and will put away chances as well as anybody. Delighted for him that he scored such a good goal. However think many going a little over the top.. He is young and hopefully will get better.but in general his play has been poor and a long way from being what is needed to cause PL defences problems on regular basis

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Apart from struggling against crosses played very well and deserved to win. Connelly is an out and out fox in box type player and will put away chances as well as anybody. Delighted for him that he scored such a good goal. However think many going a little over the top.. He is young and hopefully will get better.but in general his play has been poor and a long way from being what is needed to cause PL defences problems on regular basis

He has proved that he is capable though.

Now that he has had a season in the Prem, it may prove pointless to get experience at a lower level.
Surely he will develop more by continued exposure to top level defences.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Let's be honest, his performances haven't always been good.

I think it's tough sometimes for a player like Connolly - he's not really a ball winner or hold up man, he looks best when he's facing goal and running onto passes.

There's been times when we've lumped long balls up to him all game with his back to goal and unsurprisingly he hasn't looked very good!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If only things hadn't gone so wrong with Andone. The three of them would have been a nightmare to play against, especially now they have a Premier League season under their belts. Great goal yesterday and so much more to come I'm sure.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Wayne Rooney’s Love child (apologies Aaron) is so strong in the hustle, not afraid to get stuck in and fight for the ball, a good head on his shoulders and a good foil for Maupay, two absolute terriers up front. Marvellous.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If only things hadn't gone so wrong with Andone. The three of them would have been a nightmare to play against, especially now they have a Premier League season under their belts. Great goal yesterday and so much more to come I'm sure.

His goal yesterday was just like Andone's against palace ( just with the work shared between Maupay and Connolly).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I understand why it's there but I am giving the 'he needed that' aspect of this a slight side eye.

He didn't need that goal.
He needed time, patience, injury free, released from relegation pressure.

I don't know how much can be read into that goal v Burnley, on the last game of the season, with them only playing their greatest hits.
In much the same way I don't know how much can be read into him steamrolling a Championship at best Spurs.

The player we want, hope, expect has always been there, we might just have to ...

... wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here