Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Once upon a time in Iraq

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've caught a couple of them and they've made me appreciate how lucky I was to be born here and not in/near somewhere so unstable.
That dork caricature Recon Marine Rudy Reyes is such a bell-end, loves the image and publicity. Worst kind of man.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has anybody else watched this BBC documentary?

It's very well produced, informative, frustrating, sad, and presents you so many unique views from all sides involved in the conflict.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000kxws

Thanks for the reminder, I meant to watch this but forgot. I heard it was a very powerful documentary series that documents how the entire conflict and breakdown in Iraq touch ordinary people on all sides.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thanks for the reminder, I meant to watch this but forgot. I heard it was a very powerful documentary series that documents how the entire conflict and breakdown in Iraq touch ordinary people on all sides.

Likewise.

Was also prompted to watch it again when I saw somewhere that it is between 50-53 degrees across the whole country for the next seven days.

How has anyone got the guts for a power struggle and despotic regime in such a brutal climate?!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’ve see episodes 1-3 and can’t recommend it enough. One of the best documentaries I’ve seen for a long, long time.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Really excellent series. Highly recommended. A sad and shocking story.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes it was an embarrassment to this country. Putting our soldiers in danger and deceiving the public was criminal.

I maintain that Blair should be taken to the Hague, charged with deception and crimes against peace, and we should practice what we preach when we point our fingers at other leaders around the world.

Double standards and hypocrisy is now being used to attack our integrity on the world stage and we are still suffering the hangover today. Instead of Blair rotting in jail he is still making his appearances in the media insulting all of us when he does. Whenever Iraq is used in a discussion we should be able to say that we dealt with the criminal who took us there, but because we haven't Britain can be accused of terrorism itself which affects us all.

This country would be a better place if we led by example by putting our own criminal, Blair, behind bars. I still hope to see him jailed at some point to right the wrong that we are still paying for in the minds of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here