Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Britons pathetically, soft relationship with the weather

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It does my head in!

It’s summertime, our climate has always been mixed. The first spot of rain or a tiny light shower and everyone panics, runs for shelter, cancels plans...in short simply can’t cope. Women especially are mental; shoes, coats, umbrellas, strategic mapping of the what if scenarios. FFS Britain, it’s rain. You get wet. Ever ever so slightly usually. It’ll evaporate 9/10 before you put your hair net on. We can still enjoy the outdoors without the IMMENSE fuss most Britons kick up when a grey cloud skirts the horizon; a slight wind whips up; or the temperature falls below 20 degrees.

Am I the only person wearing shorts and t shirt and not giving a shit if I get slightly wet and it’s still 23 degrees. Given our country’s climate, I’ve always been amazed at the utter inability for people to enjoy outside without hysteria over it not being boiling hot and perfect blue skies. I’d be bbq ing in November if wasn’t for the pathetic inability of friends and family to be outside when it’s only 12 degrees (but dry)

Britain CAN’T take it! :rant:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A Norwegian friend says it’s never the weather it’s the people. We are largely clueless as a population about things like wearing lots of thin layers in winter or appropriate wet weather gear (let’s just buy a nice looking, but ultimately useless raincoat from Next or join the Superdry sheep and buy one of their branded coats rather than a decent technical coat for roughly the same price).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is the OP angry about EVERYTHING these days? :shrug:

old.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same thing over here. I agree people are oddly afraid/bothered by rain. Not sure what to do about it really. Maybe could kill em off. Same with people walking slow in stores - kill em off. Grown men taking selfies... you know how it needs to be solved. People with cat sized dogs...

its much easier to just ignore it though

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll distance myself from "women especially are mental" but other than that the OP is spot on.

House heated 10 months of the year at 25 degrees.
The weather outside gets to 27 degrees and all you hear is "oh it's too hot to do anything", seemingly including growing a pair.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It does my head in!

It’s summertime, our climate has always been mixed. The first spot of rain or a tiny light shower and everyone panics, runs for shelter, cancels plans...in short simply can’t cope. Women especially are mental; shoes, coats, umbrellas, strategic mapping of the what if scenarios. FFS Britain, it’s rain. You get wet. Ever ever so slightly usually. It’ll evaporate 9/10 before you put your hair net on. We can still enjoy the outdoors without the IMMENSE fuss most Britons kick up when a grey cloud skirts the horizon; a slight wind whips up; or the temperature falls below 20 degrees.

Am I the only person wearing shorts and t shirt and not giving a shit if I get slightly wet and it’s still 23 degrees. Given our country’s climate, I’ve always been amazed at the utter inability for people to enjoy outside without hysteria over it not being boiling hot and perfect blue skies. I’d be bbq ing in November if wasn’t for the pathetic inability of friends and family to be outside when it’s only 12 degrees (but dry)

Britain CAN’T take it! :rant:

Soft is the right word. I don't know too many people who will tolerate even the mildest discomfort these days

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Best thing, on the very rare occasion we get snow, people wearing big coats, scarfs gloves hats, etc - - - - and material trainers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I t\hink the vast increase in car ownership over the last 50 years has made us think differently with regard to the weather. Once, we'd cycle, walk, go for the bus, catch a train - and sure, we still do all of these things ................................ but if it's raining, take the car!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was great to be able to have the central heating on yesterday - made things nice and snuggly.

It was nice to go to the chippie for tea.

Pitch black, lashing down with rain, 5pm.
Perfect weather for cod and chips.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
What's that saying ....

No such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing!

As a 365 biker in my teens, there was nothing worse than getting a soaking on the way to work and spending all day with a wet crotch ...

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I have a cold shower first thing every morning.the cold water shock has several benefits but regarding the weather I find I am quite comfortable getting soaked to the skin in even the most coldest and wettest of days.people are too soft and pampered these days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here