Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Will we set a record today?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given this is the first time that all last day PL games have been shown live in the UK and the "attractiveness" of today's game, surely we are in with a good chance of setting the record for the lowest domestic live PL viewers. Will probably be channel hopping myself to see what is happening elsewhere. Will ANY neutrals tune in to our game?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll be starting with our game. It's the televisual equivalent of going to a nothing game because you're a fan and have a ticket. However, since it is already 10am and I'm a) not drinking yet and b) not sat on an intercity across the isle from someone amusingly dressed as Jimmy Savile / Boris Johnson / Dougal from Magic Roundabout there isn't much "fun" promised. I imagine I'll be surfing the relegation games by 20 minutes unless we're battering them.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'll be starting with our game. It's the televisual equivalent of going to a nothing game because you're a fan and have a ticket. However, since it is already 10am and I'm a) not drinking yet and b) not sat on an intercity across the isle from someone amusingly dressed as Jimmy Savile / Boris Johnson / Dougal from Magic Roundabout there isn't much "fun" promised. I imagine I'll be surfing the relegation games by 20 minutes unless we're battering them.

Yep - so a potential audience that is limited entirely to just fans of both teams will end up with an audience of just mega hardcore fans unless it turns into an unlikely thriller. There have been some stinkers is recent weeks but they have been the only game in town for neutrals. I'm not entirely sure I knew there was a Sky Sports Arena until now - let alone what it normally shows.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The usual reference to low crowds is 2 men and a dog, I'm not sure that even the dog will watch the Burnley game today.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'll be watching the whole thing.

I say watching, I've been up since 0430 for work and didn't get much sleep last night either so the TV will show that I am tuned in to the game, bit I will be asleep long before our first throw-in in line with their 18 yard box goes straight back to Maty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep - so a potential audience that is limited entirely to just fans of both teams will end up with an audience of just mega hardcore fans unless it turns into an unlikely thriller. There have been some stinkers is recent weeks but they have been the only game in town for neutrals. I'm not entirely sure I knew there was a Sky Sports Arena until now - let alone what it normally shows.

I think it normally shows Rugby League, overseas Rugby Union (the Super Series from down under etc) and fighting sports. Quite appropriate for Burnley away.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Unless one side is 5-0 up at half time, nobody will care. I'm more interested in the shirt and who will be going down.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Luckily, when TV figures are really low, no-one can measure it.

Don't know what the cut-off is? 50k? 100k maybe?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who are paLLLLLLLace playing?

Not too many of their fans will fire up the generator for L nos 8.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Well, the Everton v ???? game is on Sky Sports Golf, so at least we've been saved that humiliation.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Might watch a little bit longer. :O

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OK - boring now Villa have scored so I will maintain my 90 minute stint. Which will guarantee me tickets to any game I want, presumably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here