Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Peter Green RIP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fabulous guitarist and tragic that he couldn’t handle fame and the consequences that followed :down:

RIP Peter

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
RIP
Saw him a few years back at the Komedia in Brighton. He’d clearly lost some of his faculties, but could still wield that axe. “Oh Well”, “Green Manalishi”, “Man of the World” and other classics, part of the landscape of my early teenage years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh Well - my ringtone, not my sentiment. Wasn't old enough to see him him perform live, but Oh Well and his swansong from reality, Green Manalishi, were my very favourite ever Fleetwood Mac songs. I hope he had a better life than it looked at times. RIP Peter Green.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
RIP remember him putting in a guest apearance with John Mayall and his Bluesbreakers at the Dome post leaving Fleetwood Mac, he struggled to come out from behind the curtain, one of the great 60s British blues guitarists

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Co-founder of Fleetwood Mac has died.

I know some prefer the early period Fleetwood Mac over the FM giant, RIP

Very definitely prefer the original FM to the 1970s reincarnation. I can still remember in about 1965 the first time I heard “Need your love so bad”. It still gets me now. One of the very best. RIP.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
SaUQxcYpZTZphtajNYe2F6-1200-80.jpg

Not a Fleetwood Mac fan but can seriously appreciate this part of his legacy. Kirk Hammett of Metallica paid $2 million dollars for the legendary 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard known as ' Greenie ' that passed from Green to the sadly missed Gary Moore. A fantastic guitar getting regularly played rather than sitting in some anonymous collector's vault.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Oh my goodness... That is a blow to me. I love Greeny's guitar work. I count myself lucky to have seen him live twice. First in Brighton at the Aquarium rooms with John Mayall... Then he was young and good looking and played a sublime guitar.
In latter years he came to my town in the Midlands with the " Splinter Group ". He looked so different and seemed not altogether with it, but still played wonderfully.
His songs with Fleetwood Mac were so touching....
I am really choked now. That has spoiled all my excitement about Lallana.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very sad news. Green was a tremendous musician and one of the most influential guitarists of his era. Gutted.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
One of the greatest guitarists ever.
Absolutely loved the early Fleetwood Mac music.
RIP Peter Green and thanks

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Going back 25ish years, did he used to play at an open mike night at a blues club somewhere near Littlehampton?
I’m sure a friend who has also sadly passed on, told me about it. He said he had shared a stage with Peter Green.

Anyway, RIP to an unbelievably talented guitarist.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very definitely prefer the original FM to the 1970s reincarnation. I can still remember in about 1965 the first time I heard “Need your love so bad”. It still gets me now. One of the very best. RIP.

Two totally different genres of music, love them both

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here