Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Bournemouth stay up....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if he’ll stay with them next season if they go down...? Can’t see them bouncing straight back as they’ll lose a lot of players - or have to lose a lot of players as we know they’re not the best at managing finances. At least with FFP in the championship relaxed they shouldn’t cheat on that league again next season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Bournemouth stay up they will have won while Villa and Watford will both have lost. It's not completely impossible but, if they manage it, I would imagine Smug Eddie will probably knee slide the length of the Goodison Park turf. I know I would

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Smugger than Sid the smug smuggler, after he’d successfully smuggled sixteen smug budgies inside his budgie smugglers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lawro says no, all three relegation threatened clubs to lose 2-0 as will Albion at Burnley :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Bournemouth stay up they will have won while Villa and Watford will both have lost. It's not completely impossible but, if they manage it, I would imagine Smug Eddie will probably knee slide the length of the Goodison Park turf. I know I would

Think David Pleat at Man City, much more likely than knee slide :lolol:

At around 1 minute 20

https://youtu.be/XyAUkaC6nsI

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think David Pleat at Man City, much more likely than knee slide :lolol:

At around 1 minute 20

https://youtu.be/XyAUkaC6nsI

Yes, quite possibly correct :thumbsup:

As an aside we played Leicester away at Filbert St a few weeks after Pleat was in the papers for driving very slowly through red light districts allegedly.

Cue Krispies in the away end, finger in ear, singing (to the tune of Camptown Races) "Dirty David Pleat, Dirty David Pleat, what's he picked up in the street? Dirty David Pleat".

It's all I can think of when I hear his name. We'd always stand where singing looked most likely in the away end in those days which mean you were never more than 10 yards away from Krispies tunelessly bursting your eardrum.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's not only how Smug the Smugger will be., but the love in that will follow from the media about how plucky Bournemouth survived and there will nothing but back to back interviews will (Even More) Smug Eddie, and back to being the next England manager

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If push comes to shove Plucky over Villa everytime

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Off to Fulham.... (so a Fulham supporter told me today, also told me we were rubbish......)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

As an aside we played Leicester away at Filbert St a few weeks after Pleat was in the papers for driving very slowly through red light districts allegedly.

Cue Krispies in the away end...We'd always stand where singing looked most likely in the away end in those days which mean you were never more than 10 yards away from Krispies tunelessly bursting your eardrum.

Blimey, that's a name from the past!

Whatever happened to him? Looked like he'd slept in a hedge every night the day before a Brighton match and dressed like a tramp, but he was 100% committed to the Brighton cause

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Cue Krispies in the away end, finger in ear, singing (to the tune of Camptown Races) "Dirty David Pleat, Dirty David Pleat, what's he picked up in the street? Dirty David Pleat".

It's all I can think of when I hear his name. We'd always stand where singing looked most likely in the away end in those days which mean you were never more than 10 yards away from Krispies tunelessly bursting your eardrum.

Remember Crispies singing that clearly. Oh how the current North Stand misses someone like him orchestrating the chanting.

Crispies do the rap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here