Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thought. Last game of the season.. will we play the kids?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Recently occurred to me that with this Burnley game being a complete dead rubber.. will Ashworth persuade GP to play a bunch of the U23’s?

Seems drastic, but that’s exactly what we did in an early round of the League Cup home to Villa earlier in the season.

It would make sense to blood some of them in time for the new season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Half of the Burnley team is not available for this match.

I fully expect some of our players will also get an extra week break and we certainly won't want injuries to Maupay or Dunk amongst others.

I'd not be surprised if all of Jenks, Richards Roberts and Cochrane play a significant part in the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's not pull the team apart, but maybe one of the youngsters could start, with others on the bench. There's still 15th. place (£2M) to play for.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be churlish to drag Dr No from his lair this early on the first day of the weekend.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I want my money back if so (well I would if I’d paid any), I’m still not over the Villa league cup team we put out :wink:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
At least a couple on the bench, I agree with above though, still a place (£2m) to play for and don't want to unbalance the team too much

el punal

Recently occurred to me that with this Burnley game being a complete dead rubber.. will Ashworth persuade GP to play a bunch of the U23’s?

Seems drastic, but that’s exactly what we did in an early round of the League Cup home to Villa earlier in the season.

It would make sense to blood some of them in time for the new season.

Nice thought but unrealistic. I would prefer that we played the total opposite way to the Newcastle game - you know, a bit of adventure, derring-do, go for it, attack, shots on goal, running at the defence, test the goalkeeper, and so on and so forth.

Yep, you’ve got it. 0-0 it is then! :drink:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not many .. because they haven’t been involved training with the first team, and therefore not part of the testing protocol.

Roberts, Richards and Cochrane are the only ones who could be involved.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not many .. because they haven’t been involved training with the first team, and therefore not part of the testing protocol.

And Jenks has been under the Covid testing regime as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club's number 1 priority now will be next season.

Extra rest and injury protection for the very key players, and valuable experience and encouragement for those 4 young players are 2 benefits.

The club can put a value on these benefits, and it may be that it comes in as more important than a greater chance of £2million.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sanchez
Lamptey - Roberts - Duffy - Burn - Cochrane
Stephens - Jenks
Richards
Murray - Connolly​

It makes sense :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sanchez
Lamptey - Roberts - Duffy - Burn - Cochrane
Stephens - Jenks
Richards
Murray - Connolly​

It makes sense :albion2:

I don't think Sanchez gets re-registered from his loan return until the transfer window opens on Monday, but the rest looks good....

....unless Duffy has got an agreed transfer lined up.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I'd like to see the lads that have trained with the first team get some minutes. Players that could be off such as Duffy, Stephens, Murray should get game time too. That being said, 3 points gives us our highest points total so a balance important

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This, saved me typing it all

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Difficult to tell. Could see Cochrane starting or getting some minutes since he has been on the bench a few times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here