Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much wonga are we spending this summer?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Over the last couple of seasons we’ve spend a good 70 million-odd on bolstering our squad.

Will we be able to do the same this year?

With everything that’s happened, do clubs have the same financial resources they would for a regular transfer window? Is the TV money still rolling in?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
6b59d965cf890c7db40693f34feee324.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think we'll be wheeling and dealing, raising money through sales to fund transfers.

So, we have the Knockaert cash already.

If we can raise some more money from selling, for example, Duffy and Jahanbakhsh, then we may raise enough for a couple of new faces. Maybe we'll sell Bernardo, and that will fund another.

Time is short though this year - 7 weeks from transfer window start to season start, and overseas singings may need to quarantine for 2 weeks before getting started.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'We' is doing some pretty heavy lifting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It will be less than £50m but I've heard of some very exciting signings for the development squad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think we'll be wheeling and dealing, raising money through sales to fund transfers.

So, we have the Knockaert cash already.

If we can raise some more money from selling, for example, Duffy and Jahanbakhsh, then we may raise enough for a couple of new faces. Maybe we'll sell Bernardo, and that will fund another.

Time is short though this year - 7 weeks from transfer window start to season start, and overseas singings may need to quarantine for 2 weeks before getting started.

Disagree with this.

3 years on the trot we have struggled to stay up due to poor recruitment . It would be a financial disaster if we go down and we can't keep riding our luck. So much money was wasted on overseas players. We are now appear to be looking closer to home in signing players and they cost more. The reason why Ashworth was brought in to spot these players.
Obviously players will be shipped out but it's obvious a new forward is needed and they don't come cheap. Midfield needs an overhaul and is the main reason why we struggle.
People going on about Coivid and money being tight i think this isn't true for the Premier league. I still expect huge sums to be spent.
Every season we have spent around 50-60 million. I see no reason for that to change due to a poor squad just treading water.
Last season we did well in the recruitment department.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Net spend between £40-50m. Some familiar faces allowed to find a new club and I think 3 signings for the 1st team along with the promotion of youth from the academy

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think about £35m of outgoings and about £70m of incomings.

Of the incomings, I think we'll sign someone for about £35m (yes you read that correctly) and someone for about £25m. The other £10m will be for peripheral players, like a sub goalie and a load of u23s.

A different strategy then, of a couple of signings nobody though it possible for us to make, rather than loads of 10 to £15m's

Of the £35m outgoings, I think we'll sell for decent money about 6 academy players and get reasonable money for 3 first team squad members. About 4 other first team squad members will leave for little or no fee.

No names being mentioned by me, but I'm not thinking massive surprises

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£65m-ish is our record in a window I think.

But the club have lost £30m in broadcasting income (BT and Sky are deducting it from next season’s payouts) and obviously refunds on ticket income.

Perhaps £40m.

Spent on attack and creativity, as our defence is pretty food. A centre forward and a creative midfielder with pace who can contribute some goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disagree with this.

3 years on the trot we have struggled to stay up due to poor recruitment . It would be a financial disaster if we go down and we can't keep riding our luck. So much money was wasted on overseas players. We are now appear to be looking closer to home in signing players and they cost more. The reason why Ashworth was brought in to spot these players.
Obviously players will be shipped out but it's obvious a new forward is needed and they don't come cheap. Midfield needs an overhaul and is the main reason why we struggle.
People going on about Coivid and money being tight i think this isn't true for the Premier league. I still expect huge sums to be spent.
Every season we have spent around 50-60 million. I see no reason for that to change due to a poor squad just treading water.

Is that the real Spence or the parody account?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree with this.

The club have lost £30m from broadcasters, as well as all the ticket income refunded. CV19 has cost the club. We were already making losses in common with 90% of PL/Championship clubs, but our 2019/20 and 2020/21 accounts will look worse. TB covers the losses with personal cash injected, I hope they can come up with transfers this summer that don’t require him having to put in far more than normal.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We need a LB, CDM, Right Wing and a Striker, most expensive will be the striker. I guess whatever funds are generated through sales will be used along with a further £30m (ish)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The club have lost £30m from broadcasters, as well as all the ticket income refunded. CV19 has cost the club. We were already making losses in common with 90% of PL/Championship clubs, but our 2019/20 and 2020/21 accounts will look worse. TB covers the losses with personal cash injected, I hope they can come up with transfers this summer that don’t require him having to put in far more than normal.

Covid19 has cost every club. In the Premier league the loses will simply be swallowed up by billionaire chairmen and business as usual.

Regardless of all the noise about losses for Bloom i still stand by my prediction he will spend around 50 million. The simple fact is he needs to.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think about £35m of outgoings and about £70m of incomings.

Of the incomings, I think we'll sign someone for about £35m (yes you read that correctly) and someone for about £25m. The other £10m will be for peripheral players, like a sub goalie and a load of u23s.

A different strategy then, of a couple of signings nobody though it possible for us to make, rather than loads of 10 to £15m's

Of the £35m outgoings, I think we'll sell for decent money about 6 academy players and get reasonable money for 3 first team squad members. About 4 other first team squad members will leave for little or no fee.

No names being mentioned by me, but I'm not thinking massive surprises

No chance in hell in pulling in 35 million on academy players or with fringe players. Unless a prize asset is sold then we don't have much to offer. The only player worth money who will be shipped out is Duffy. It's harder to try and offload unwanted fringe players who on a fair whack to go elsewhere and probably take a pay cut. Somebody on here said 10 million for Stephens. This is football manager :lolol:

Look at the players we have shipped out Locadia,Andone,Suttner,Greyhound etc none of these we have sold on. Might of got a loan fee but more than likely cut our losses to get them off the payroll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here