Jul 7, 2003

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Klopp will be apoplectic at having to squeeze all those games into such a short timeframe.

He'll be after a winter break, just wait for it.
Maybe, and I know you are speaking with tongue in cheek, but they have already said there will not be a winter break.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If City (or Chelsea lol) make it through to the Champions League Final you can guarantee that Liverpool will retain the title next year. Two weekends between that and kicking off the new season - hardly a pre-season is it.

There are also International fixtures on the 5th and 8th September for the start of the Nations League. I bet quite a few top 6 players are “injured” and pulled from their squads.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I fear you will be right. Would rather play them later as they are bound to start with a win just to delude the Leeds fan further!

Don't promoted teams generally get given a home match for the first game of the season?
Or have I imagined that?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe, and I know you are speaking with tongue in cheek, but they have already said there will not be a winter break.

I know, but it won't stop the Teutonic whinger banging on about how exhausted his poor superstars are by October and playing four 15 year olds in the FA Cup first round.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With the international fixtures the week before the start, it's going to cause issues with our home friendly which is usually the week before the season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I fear you will be right. Would rather play them later as they are bound to start with a win just to delude the Leeds fan further!

Read an interview with a manager that said they never want to play a newly promoted team in the first 6 matches of the season as they are all eager and running around with something to prove.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
So no fans then to start with ? Hopefully there will be some announcement from The Albion regarding our season tickets ? Can't expect us to keep paying when we won't be allowed in

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There are also International fixtures on the 5th and 8th September for the start of the Nations League. I bet quite a few top 6 players are “injured” and pulled from their squads.

Madness that the Nations League is going ahead. There needs to be a let up somewhere in the calendar or Euro 2020 (attempt #2) is going to be awful viewing.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
So no fans then to start with ? Hopefully there will be some announcement from The Albion regarding our season tickets ? Can't expect us to keep paying when we won't be allowed in
The dates were announced today,people really have to give the club a chance, this is something totally outside the clubs control. Given the previous solution to refunds for matches it seems the club will act fairly. They have no idea whether there will be no fans, a couple of thousand fans, 50% capacity, 70% or what. They acted pretty well at the break, I think they will again.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Leeds (H) ....matchday 1

Don't the newly promoted teams get a home game against one of the top clubs as a 'reward' for joining the cannon fodder?

Hopefully Leeds will get a rampant Man City with a point to prove and get mullered 0-8

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
The dates were announced today,people really have to give the club a chance, this is something totally outside the clubs control. Given the previous solution to refunds for matches it seems the club will act fairly. They have no idea whether there will be no fans, a couple of thousand fans, 50% capacity, 70% or what. They acted pretty well at the break, I think they will again.

Yep not criticising The club at all - but people will have paid their Season ticket off in full about 4 months ago or those paying by Direct Debit will have had money being taken since April 1st.
It's a lot of money if we aren't actually getting to go. i guess they will make an announcement in next few days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here