Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs West Indies 3rd test

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
West Indies win the toss and bowl, England will need to make hay fast in this game with 1 day at least looking like being rained off, Stokes not bowling and playing as only a batsman.

England team:

Sibley
Burns
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Woakes
Bess
Archer
Broad
Anderson

West Indies make won change with Rakeem the dream, the big spinner coming in for Joseph.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very harsh on Curran, but I agree with the team selected. There still seems a decent amount of batting to me and a tonne of bowling options

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very harsh on Curran, but I agree with the team selected. There still seems a decent amount of batting to me and a tonne of bowling options

I presume that Stokes is not fit to bowl.

Anderson, Broad, Archer, Woakes, Bess and Root should be more than enough in terms of options, mind!

Mostly, looking forward to Cornwall. 6'6" and 22 stone :eek:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Stokes won't bowl till the end apparently. Would have gone for Curran over Woakes or Anderson. Bit if something different and took important wickets last week.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I presume that Stokes is not fit to bowl.

Anderson, Broad, Archer, Woakes, Bess and Root should be more than enough in terms of options, mind!

Mostly, looking forward to Cornwall. 6'6" and 22 stone :eek:

I remember Sulieman Benn used to cause us all kinds of trouble with his bounce, looking at Rahkeem the dream he looks like there might be a bit more ‘weight’ behind his bowling, though.....

England do have a habit of making average spinners look like Mushtaq Ahmed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disappointed to see Cornwall at first slip, rather than thundering around the outfield!

No surprise mind - he must have hands like baseball mitts.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Blimey, he’s a big lad ain’t he. Reminds me of that bloke that played for Bermuda(?) in the 2007 World Cup :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Good analysis from Athers (as per). Roach pushed Stokes back with the short stuff and then got him with the fuller ball when he was in two minds. Excellent bowling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Butler has no right to be still playing in this side, tbh. Foakes is a far better keeper, and right now a far more reliable batsman.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It sounds strange but I’d he quite happy with 250/280 we need a result in this match, and with one and half days looking like being rained off and a strong bowling line up, that kind of score will make us much more likely to get a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here