Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aberdeen wage cuts.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Considering Albion losing in region of £1m a home game I will be very disappointed if our players do not agree substantial reductions

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Considering Albion losing in region of £1m a home game I will be very disappointed if our players do not agree substantial reductions

They were asked months ago, but I’ve not heard anything since.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I see; I’d not heard that.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18600727.albion-pay-talks-resume-season/

Albion will re-open pay talks with players when the season is over.

The club are facing a major financial shortfall as they play behind closed doors.

But talks with players over wage reductions or deferrals have been placed on hold.

Club bosses wanted the squad to focus fully on the nine matches which remained when fixtures restarted.

It has also given time for the club’s financial picture to become clearer.

They now know they will complete all 38 fixtures and continue to receive Premier League income next season.

Graham Potter’s men will finish in 15th or 16th place.

They are also doing all they can to have some fans back in the early stages of next term.

Lewis Dunk and Glenn Murray represented players in what were daily talks at one stage during lockdown.

Discussions were parked with club and players keen to know exactly what the financial situation would be.

Chairman Tony Bloom reported this week the player-led Albion As One fund has now raised £370,000 in support of Sussex charities.

Albion deputy chairman and chief executive Paul Barber praised the efforts of Bloom to see the club through the financial crisis.

He told club staff: “Tony Bloom, supported by an excellent board of directors, has continued to provide our club with unwavering financial backing throughout this uncertain period.

“We should be in no doubt that this has helped us to protect jobs and livelihoods at our club, and we are very fortunate to have such a committed owner.”

West Ham's 1-1 draw at Manchester United yesterday means Albion will start the final round in 16th place.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's going to be an interesting period for new players signing new contracts at this time, or contact extensions. Will wages be lower than they otherwise would be, with a condition they increase as things get back to normal (messy) or as expected with the expectation the player should immediately voluntarily accept an indefinite reduction.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its inevitable, outside the Premier League clubs wont survive without season tickets and matchday revenue. i hope the PFA recognises that, otherwise hundreds of player will be out of work altogether and dozens of clubs will fold.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's going to be an interesting period for new players signing new contracts at this time, or contact extensions. Will wages be lower than they otherwise would be, with a condition they increase as things get back to normal (messy) or as expected with the expectation the player should immediately voluntarily accept an indefinite reduction.

Going forward I imagine contracts will differ somehow; it will be reckless otherwise. Maybe reduced salary for any period whilst games are behind closed doors?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here