Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck Chris..,

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[TWEET]1286282228641812481[/TWEET]

I think TalkShite jumped the gun on this....... Hope it's true though.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It's quite telling that he has had to drop back down to the championship. He is a very good championship manager, but he is not right for the Premier League. Hope he does well at Bristol.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It's quite telling that he has had to drop back down to the championship. He is a very good championship manager, but he is not right for the Premier League. Hope he does well at Bristol.

I think he’s proven he is good enough for the Premier League with Newcastle, Norwich and us. As much as I like Potter, there’s no guarantee he would have kept us up in the first two years with the squad that we had. Hughton did a brilliant job in my view.

Having said that, I think Bristol City is a good move for him and he’ll probably get them promoted. I’d much rather see him there than Watford, who sack their manager every 20 games or so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

With his CV he could probably get the chance in some shit, panicking relegation fighting club at some point - though covid stuff prevented that kind of panic moves this year. However most managers who are not desperate would likely prefer taking over some ambitious Championship club in between seasons.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good appointment for Chris. Good appointment for Bristol. Hope he does well apart from when they play us.

Also hope when they do play us he gets the reception he undoubtedly deserves and probably doesn't want being the modest man that he is...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
CH could get a tub of lard promoted, it might take a couple of years but the end result is not in doubt.
He builds teams that are defensively hard to beat but have enough about them to hurt teams that are not on top of their game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Could be a great appointment, proven manager and a supportive, wealthy owner, decent support. I wish him all the best, the last half season doesn't detract from the 4 before, some brilliant wins and thrilling football. A true legend. Be great to see him take them back to the top flight, must be an even longer gap than we had now.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Confirmed now. Well done Chris and good choice BC. Be interesting to see who he brings in.

If he gets brizzle, what odds on him coming after Muzza on a 1 yr. Last hurrah with some gametime for Murray, who knows CH rates him.

Could see it happening

Phoenix011

Nov 28, 2018
Live in Bristol, really are a sleeping giant of a club considering their ownership and the size of the city. Feel like they wouldn't be out of place in the premier league

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think he’s proven he is good enough for the Premier League with Newcastle, Norwich and us. As much as I like Potter, there’s no guarantee he would have kept us up in the first two years with the squad that we had. Hughton did a brilliant job in my view.

Having said that, I think Bristol City is a good move for him and he’ll probably get them promoted. I’d much rather see him there than Watford, who sack their manager every 20 games or so.

This. He had an abysmal 4 months at the end with us, which is why he was sacked.

Outside of that, we played some brilliant football in two truly wonderful seasons in the top three of the Championship, followed by a pragmatic and successful approach to staying in the Premier League. Up until the last four months of his tenure, the reality was he was doing a brilliant job and before falling of a cliff-edge, I know for a fact the club felt the same.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
This. He had an abysmal 4 months at the end with us, which is why he was sacked.

Outside of that, we played some brilliant football in two truly wonderful seasons in the top three of the Championship, followed by a pragmatic and successful approach to staying in the Premier League. Up until the last four months of his tenure, the reality was he was doing a brilliant job and before falling of a cliff-edge, I know for a fact the club felt the same.

Any aspiring club would be proud to have Hughton as manager. Hugely respected, a total gent and all round top bloke.

It was a shame it ended as it did, I was one of those calling for the change. But still can seperate, Chris Hughton the man. Chris Hughton the manager that brought us huge success over a few years, and Chris Hughton, the final 5 months when it just wasn't good enough and we were rudderless.

Great appointment for City if they get him. Wish him every success

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I just hope someone warns them about his wild celebrations and outbursts on the touchline. Need to protect children and the easily scared who may not be ready for his outrageous behaviour .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pleased for him and hopefully we get to draw BC at the Amex in a cup when the crowds are back. He will get a TUMULTUOUS reception, that is a fact!

He will have them challenging assuming they back him

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here