Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youth player transfers 2020

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Following confirmation of Jenson Weir today, I had a look at the u18 squad on transfermarkt ( https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brighton-amp-hove-albion-u18/startseite/verein/9606 ) and noticed two new names (new to me) - Cameron Peupion & Samy Chouchane. Anyone know any more about these?

Also confirmation of the names of the widely reported new Irish pair - Leigh Kavanagh and Andy Moran.

That makes 8 signings so far by my record, Dan Ashworth magic -

Jensson Weir
Zak Emmerson
Leigh Kavanagh
Andy Moran
Cameron Peupion
Samy Chouchane
Casper Nilsson
Lars Dedoncker

Am I missing any? Rumours of who is next?

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Obviously I wasn't paying attention early lockdown! Thanks for this info. I'm fishing for AZ Gull in-depth knowledge/ opinion if anything.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Remember an article a while back explaining our scouting links to Ireland and how we are giving young Irish players really good opportunities. Seems to be paying off.

How many Irish lads do we have on our books at different levels now?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
There seems to have been a switch this year to targeting younger players. No 20-21 year olds to be seen.

Possibly something to do with ensuring Home Grown status, which the likes of Gyokeres, Baluta and Mlakar won’t have?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There seems to have been a switch this year to targeting younger players. No 20-21 year olds to be seen.

Possibly something to do with ensuring Home Grown status, which the likes of Gyokeres, Baluta and Mlakar won’t have?

Because of the HGP quota it must be an important summer for these 3 players, I'd like to see all 3 involved in the condensed pre-season this year

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Because of the HGP quota it must be an important summer for these 3 players, I'd like to see all 3 involved in the condensed pre-season this year
Me too.

On the surface Mlakar's loans haven't been too promising, but maybe he could be Potterised.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Obviously I wasn't paying attention early lockdown! Thanks for this info. I'm fishing for AZ Gull in-depth knowledge/ opinion if anything.

Of the eight you mention, they actually cover quite an age range. Five of them (Chouchane, Emmerson, Kavanagh, Moran and Nilsson) will start life at Albion as 1st-year scholars (I do hope to do a write-up for the new season).

Cameron Peupion is the age of a 2nd-year scholar (but will sign a three-year contract).

Weir is a year older (2020-21 will be his U-19 year) and Dendoncker is a year older still.

The five 1st-years will obviously start in the U-18s; Peupion may as well. Weir and Dendoncker will either be in the U-23s or go out on loan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
'K

Remember an article a while back explaining our scouting links to Ireland and how we are giving young Irish players really good opportunities. Seems to be paying off.

Not seen the article you mention but John Morling the academy boss used to be head coach for Ireland U18 side so obviously has a lot of contacts and connections over there.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

For the 2020-21 season, we will have:-

1st-yr scholars: Leigh Kavanagh, Andrew Moran
2nd-year scholar: Matt Everitt (actually born in Surrey but he is a ROI age-international)
Pros: Aaron Connolly, James Furlong, Jayson Molumby and Warren O'Hora

I've excluded Shane Duffy as he didn't emerge through our youth system.

But in addition to those above, we have had the following scholars who have now left the club:

Dylan Barnett, Thomas Byrne, Des Hutchinson, Danny Mandroiu and Rian O'Sullivan.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

2nd-year scholar: Matt Everitt (actually born in Surrey but he is a ROI age-international)

But in addition to those above, we have had the following scholars who have now left the club:

Dylan Barnett, Thomas Byrne, Des Hutchinson, Danny Mandroiu and Rian O'Sullivan.
Thanks AZ.

Doubt big Shane gets excluded from anywhere very often btw.

That's one of my favourite moments of the season when that prick Guendouzi was kicking off. Shane wandered over quite casually and he very quickly scarpered.
[emoji23]

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] - somewhat tangentially related. Would Yapi, Gwargis and Ostigard count as home grown or did they arrive too late?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Furlong? I confess I've not heard of him. Where did he come from (aside from, clearly, the ROI).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here