Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Uk spat with China takes a serious turn

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
China reportedly blacks out English football amid ongoing spat with the UK

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/ch...otball-amid-ongoing-spat-with-the-uk-20200723

This being reported by Bloomberg, citing a person familiar with the decision. China state media television, CCTV, holds the rights to broadcast Premier League matches in China but is now said to not show the remainder of the competition.
The match between Liverpool and Chelsea (Pulisic!) yesterday was not aired and the television program schedule are also not including the next set of matches. That said, there's only one round of fixtures left for the current season.
This comes amid the ongoing spat between China and UK surrounding the Hong Kong issue as well as Huawei, with the UK now detailing the route for Hong Kong citizens to apply for citizenship as well - a move which has angered China even more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Childish and typical behaviour from a non-democracy.

If they up the ante by blocking UK football for good, clubs will have some reduced income, but football will carry on.

Prices worth paying for the Free World taking a stand against a devious and brutal regime.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Or perhaps they are worried the Burnley v Brighton game will be so dull it could lead to a rash of people dousing themselves in petrol and lighting a fag. Probably a sensible precaution.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m sure Declan Special Fried Rice will have a word or two about this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And Lewis Crispy Aromatic Dunk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arron Mooy-sin Sauce.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Solly Long March

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If they up the ante by blocking UK football for good, clubs will have some reduced income, but football will carry on.

Prices worth paying for the Free World taking a stand against a devious and brutal regime.

Come on,
I know the Tories are bad, but “a devious and brutal regime”? That’s going a bit far, even for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This won’t affect Black Bean Rovers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's ok remember they aren't have a spat with just the UK.
They're having it with the entire EU...

...oh.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yep. Devious and brutal.

63a93d21e001856bf816ee2f4dec056c.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trump has decided to show his support and is clamping down on China and has ordered all the White House China to be destroyed and in future all meals will be served on plastic or paper plates.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Importing Trump ideas now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I loved the way Nicon (Nixon!!!???) tried to cosy up to China to create a new market for American tat. The Chinese think we are a bunch of weak tossers. They don't even feel the need to dick around with spy games, à la Putin. They just do what they want.

Boris and chums just demonstrate their pathetic naivety with antics like the telecoms deal and then the knicker wetting retreat.

We have a cast iron deal to protect the Hong Kong populace and the Chinese are marching all over it. What will we do about that? Jolly well nothing, that's what. I doubt Boris even knows what the deal is. The clueless dilettante oaf.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I loved the way Nicon (Nixon!!!???) tried to cosy up to China to create a new market for American tat. The Chinese think we are a bunch of weak tossers. They don't even feel the need to dick around with spy games, à la Putin. They just do what they want.

Boris and chums just demonstrate their pathetic naivety with antics like the telecoms deal and then the knicker wetting retreat.

We have a cast iron deal to protect the Hong Kong populace and the Chinese are marching all over it. What will we do about that? Jolly well nothing, that's what. I doubt Boris even knows what the deal is. The clueless dilettante oaf.
What can we do?

Send a gunboat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here