Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Curtis Jones

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Two hopes and I believe Bob is dead! Maybe they’ll lend Brewster instead

Why? I don’t think he’ll start much next season for them so a loan would make sense, the championship would be pointless for him as he’s too good for that already, a lower level EPL team who setup to play football is perfect, we’d fit that bill.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah why should we loan a player and develop him for another club? That is not our model anymore. We have our own academy players to blood.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
I can't see us signing anyone on loan from another Premier League Club purely because we're not that kind of club anymore. We've got our own state of the art Academy and would rather develop our own stars than help other Premier League teams by developing their players for them, very much like Leeds have done for us this year.

Curtis Jones does look a prospect though, for his sake I hope Klopp gives him sufficient game time.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
I can't see us signing anyone on loan from another Premier League Club purely because we're not that kind of club anymore. We've got our own state of the art Academy and would rather develop our own stars then help other Premier League teams by developing their players for them, very much like Leeds have done for us this year.

Curtis Jones does look a prospect though, for his sake I hope Klopp gives him sufficient game time.

Why? We’re not competing with Liverpool. If getting this guy for a loan fee means we have £10m more to spend on a striker this summer then so what? We are evolving, building season by season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont like taking players on loan unless you get the option to buy them at the end of the loan. Neither Jones or Brewster would be likely to fall into that category, they are both quite likely to have a future with Liverpool.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why? We’re not competing with Liverpool. If getting this guy for a loan fee means we have £10m more to spend on a striker this summer then so what? We are evolving, building season by season.

We’re not in the Championship anymore.

The club has said repeatedly how vital it is for there to be a pathway for our u23’s. Loaning young players from other teams would be a huge slap in the face of all the work we’re doing at the club to the players and behind the scenes.

We have a ton of talent. Expect more Alzate’s and Connolly’s. Any other incoming young player will likely be a Lamptey type signing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone remember how Tammy Abraham got on at Swansea?

If you are pinning your hopes on a teenage striker you are asking for trouble. We don't need loan strikers, we need permanent signings that have scored goals in proper leagues.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
I dont like taking players on loan unless you get the option to buy them at the end of the loan. Neither Jones or Brewster would be likely to fall into that category, they are both quite likely to have a future with Liverpool.

It’s all about staying in this league for us though. If it’s improving a player for a rival then obviously not a good idea but it’s not.
Say we have £50m to spend, we could get a top loan attacking mid in for est £5m and spend big on a quality striker, or we have to spend on an attacking mid and drop down on a striker. Get the better striker and the quality loan, stay in the league then address the perm attacking mid next summer.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah why should we loan a player and develop him for another club? That is not our model anymore. We have our own academy players to blood.

Curtis Jones has already started producing the goods in games against PL opposition. So it’s not a direct comparison with Albion academy players who will be eased into cup games and sub appearances over time.

He’s ready to improve a PL first eleven.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, he was excellent, the rest of their team were not.

5 goals in 31 games is not excellent, unless you're Tammy's mum.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Curtis Jones has already started producing the goods in games against PL opposition. So it’s not a direct comparison with Albion academy players who will be eased into cup games and sub appearances over time.

I’ve had to bite my tongue on some of the opinions on here as I don’t think they quite get how football works...! But yes, you’re right, obviously!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If Liverpool would consider loaning this player out next season we should be first, second and third in the queue. Going to be top drawer.

Only if he‘s a defender?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Yes yes yes. But is he a DEFENDER? Or can he come in and we LOAN him out again? And if he’s got a work permit to play here then frankly I’m not interested.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here