Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Last Day

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Who is going to join mighty mighty Leeds United in The Premier League tonight?

One of three clubs can gain automatic promotion tonight.

Brentford v Barnsley
West Brom v QPR
Wigan v Fulham

In simple terms:

West Brom win, they are up.

West Brom don't win & Brentford win, Brentford are up

West Brom lose, Brentford don't win and Fulham win, Fulham are up

* other combinations are available but can't be arsed to work them all out

champ.JPG

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Is it wrong that I hope Brentford don’t win and flop in the playoffs because I want Brighton to sign Ollie Watkins? ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm more tense about the final playoff spot. Hoping for a miracle where Cardiff lose to Hull and Swansea beat Reading.

Not sure if its because I still have some warm feelings for Swansea, or if its just my disliking of Cardiff that wants me to see this happen..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I want Brentford to be promoted
Forest or Cardiff via the play offs - weakest teams helps us. (in theory that is, ok)

Middlesbrough first choice for the relegation spot or Birmingham

soft spot for Charlton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hope Swansea make it, I’d like to see a Welsh team in the PL (preferably Swansea)....nice easy away game for me to get to.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Plus the relegation! It would be Championshipesque if Barnsley scrape out after their injury time winner versus Forest. I hope they do.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Incredible how no one has been relegated before the last day of the season.

Hate Luton but want to see Jonesy do well so hope they beat Blackburn in "the Christian Walton Derby". Can't see Hull getting out of it as Neil Harris seems to be doing well at Cardiff.

Jimmy Grimble

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just 9 days ago (three rounds of matches back), not one single club knew for sure they'd still be in the Championship next season.

Incredibly, everybody was still in either the promotion or relegation mix.

The situation's now a bit clearer, and some clubs know their destiny, but it's still been one of the most open seasons for a while.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I see Sky have at least put a second Championship game on Sky mix. They still have Liverpool -Chelsea on 4 channels tonight

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is it too much to ask for Leeds to go into administration tonight and be deducted 12 points leaving WBA and Brentford as top 2, with Fulham winning the play offs?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I see Sky have at least put a second Championship game on Sky mix. They still have Liverpool -Chelsea on 4 channels tonight

Surely the only way to keep up with what's going on will be SSN with Jeff. **** Liverpool Chelsea, this will be much more fun.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is it wrong that I hope Brentford don’t win and flop in the playoffs because I want Brighton to sign Ollie Watkins? ???

If Brentford get promoted, that is surely one less relegation place we'll have to worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here