Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Premier League Transfers

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Not far off a quarter of a billion quid. Wowsers.

SnipImage.JPG

This data comes from TransferMarket. Not saying its 100% accurate but I know it's a source that is used quite widely and is thought to be as accurate as anywhere on historic deals.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

View attachment 126357

This data comes from TransferMarket. Not saying its 100% accurate but I know it's a source that is used quite widely and is thought to be as accurate as anywhere on historic deals.
Then you start to realise how many duffers we bought! There's quite a few I've never even heard of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

View attachment 126357

Put that next too palace's list and it will look like we've bought all their signings children. :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might be nice to include:-

'Our' Premier League income.

The club don't play Chesterfield at an athletics field no more.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I didn't realise we'd spent so much on the promising youngsters - over 14million.

Best value buys so far(IMO): Ryan, Propper, Gross, Burn. Bissouma and Lamptey will look like bargains next season.

How much have we recouped in sales?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I must admit I'm a bit concerned at the number of seven figure sums we've paid for young players for the U23s - I thought the academy was supposed to make us money, not cost millions to fill it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Might be nice to include:-

'Our' Premier League income.

The club don't play Chesterfield at an athletics field no more.

Spending anything more that 15 or 20 grand on a player is simply wrong. I still think we paid far too much for Kenny Beamish......

.....Some of the posters on here remind me of my old mum (RIP). Brought up during the war she strongly disapproved of waste and ostentation. If a thing looks wrong and smells wrong it is wrong, and that's all there is to it. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spending anything more that 15 or 20 grand on a player is simply wrong. I still think we paid far too much for Kenny Beamish......

.....Some of the posters on here remind me of my old mum (RIP). Brought up during the war she strongly disapproved of waste and ostentation. If a thing looks wrong and smells wrong it is wrong, and that's all there is to it. :lolol:

A fair few make me think they go to Withdean for home games only to then remember the team doesn't play there anymore.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn't realise we'd spent so much on the promising youngsters - over 14million.

Best value buys so far(IMO): Ryan, Propper, Gross, Burn. Bissouma and Lamptey will look like bargains next season.

How much have we recouped in sales?

Sadly we let Normann go with not much profit.

Rated £20M+ now.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The market is the market. Are we getting value is the question we should be asking and in the main looking at that list I think we are. Some duds for sure but we had buy a PL ready squad and start to fill the academy not only with good young players but players good enough to have a chance of playing in the top flight, that's a much smaller section and therefore more expensive to acquire even at a young age.

I'd expect us to spend progressively less net as the Academy kicks in and sales out balance the books somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here