Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A nasty smell in Spain's second division!

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
What a mess! Quite why they didn't stop all the relevant games from being played is a mystery. Then again, Fuenlabrada's lawyer is the son of the president of La Liga. Probably no connection there!

What happened? Deportivo and Fuenlabrada were due to play each other with the former fighting to avoid relegation and the latter trying to reach the play-offs for a spot in La Liga. The game was postponed when 12 positive Covid-19 tests were revealed within the Fuenlabrada squad. The other games went ahead. Elche and Rayo both won their games leaving Elche in the last play-off place. Deportivo got relegated because other results went against them.

Now we have to wait until 30 July, and if the Covid tests are negative by then, Fuenlabrada have the chance to beat a dejected and already relegated Deportivo and nick the last play-off space.

Spanish football has been suspected of being corrupt to the core many times before. Make your own minds up!

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/07/20/5f1605c522601d6f428b45aa.html

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a mess! Quite why they didn't stop all the relevant games from being played is a mystery. Then again, Fuenlabrada's lawyer is the son of the president of La Liga. Probably no connection there!

What happened? Deportivo and Fuenlabrada were due to play each other with the former fighting to avoid relegation and the latter trying to reach the play-offs for a spot in La Liga. The game was postponed when 12 positive Covid-19 tests were revealed within the Fuenlabrada squad. The other games went ahead. Elche and Rayo both won their games leaving Elche in the last play-off place. Deportivo got relegated because other results went against them.

Now we have to wait until 30 July, and if the Covid tests are negative by then, Fuenlabrada have the chance to beat a dejected and already relegated Deportivo and nick the last play-off space.

Spanish football has been suspected of being corrupt to the core many times before. Make your own minds up!

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/07/20/5f1605c522601d6f428b45aa.html

Why I’m not in the slightest bit bothered. Sorry thought your thread was going to be funny

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I am.
Third tier of Spanish football will have Deportivo La Coruna and Racing Santander.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didn't even appreciate that Deportivo were no longer in La Liga.

Going back a (good) few years Deportivo La Coruna were very popular on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here