Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst player in the Premier League this season?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Which player has stunk out Premier League grounds up and down the country this season, week in week out? I don't see that many games - mostly just MoTD highlights so my data-set is pretty limited and I'm genuinely interested to hear what others think and if there is a concencus. There must be a few out there who are absolutely stealing a living every week?

From what little I've seen, I'd have Joelinton on the list as one of this season's worst? David Luiz also seems to try his best to be particulalry inept in every game he plays.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Which player has stuck out Premier League grounds up and down the country this season, week in week out? I don't see that many games - mostly just MoTD highlights so my data-set is pretty limited and I'm genuinely interested to hear what others think and if there is a concencus. There must be a few out there who are absolutely stealing a living every week?

From what little I've seen, I'd have Joelinton on the list as one of this season's worst? David Luiz also seems to try his best to be particulalry inept in every game he plays.

propper.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ozil

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That's a shame. Literally hundreds of players to chose from and the first thing you do is stick it straight into one of own. Odd.

only joking or though he is very hot and cold and does tend to go missing on big days ......i would concur with Ozil considering the money he's on but then again you could lump half the Man U and Totteringham squads in with that .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's a shame. Literally hundreds of players to chose from and the first thing you do is stick it straight into one of own. Odd.

Oh I don't know - I think it's quite well thought out and praiseworthy ...............................

......................... he didn't say Stephens!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...i would concur with Ozil considering the money he's on but then again you could lump half the Man U and Totteringham squads in with that .

It's a valid point. I believe the money the player earns and the relative quality they are surrounded with is a factor. If was a Palace fan and Benteke was earning £30k a week (still a staggering amount of money to most of us on here, I'm sure), then I'd accept that he wins few free kicks, holds up the ball, draws defenders but couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. But for £125k a week I'd expect all the other bits PLUS 15 goals a season minimum.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No idea how Emil Krafth (Newcastle) ended up in the PL. Nice boy though, feels a bit bad to point him out.

Looking from the "disappointment" angle instead... there's a few good candidates. Özil is obviously one, but I dont know if he could be considered a footballer at this point. Joelinton is another. Moise Kean also absolute shit considering how good he was for Juventus last year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think Benteke at least tries, hopeless lost of confidence. Ozil has no excuse and just seems to have given up, though most Arsenal squad is probably in the frame for this award, on basis of expectation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here