Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Interesting article by Tony Bloom on the club website

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We also have a head coach who is only too happy to promote our young players on merit –

An interesting line from the message. Suggests that maybe CH didn't give players an opportunity that deserved it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We also have a head coach who is only too happy to promote our young players on merit –

An interesting line from the message. Suggests that maybe CH didn't give players an opportunity that deserved it.

I just read it that Potter played the young players because they were good enough, not because he was asked to play young players for the sake of it, or some notion of having to bring young players through.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We are very lucky to have this guy as our Chairman.

Full of praise for the players and GP and his team. Interestingly, it was written before we were mathematically safe but not published until we were.

Shirley, nobody could think that if we had been relegated Tony would have been sharpening the knife?

No I don't either.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1733635/tony-bloom-this-has-been-toughest-season-of-my-tenure

It was published in the online programme, for those who purchased it before the game. It says so in the headline.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“I've thoroughly enjoyed the way we have approached every game this season, regardless of the result”

I couldn’t agree with this any more.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
“I've thoroughly enjoyed the way we have approached every game this season, regardless of the result”

I couldn’t agree with this any more.

He obviously enjoys the Potter Wheel of Selection like us

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cheers Tone :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Paying 600 match day staff to the end of the season, before other clubs, what a great act. Real help to many households.

I loved the resolve of TB and PB to get the season completed, something I argued for throughout. It worked well for all concerned, other than Bmuff and Norwich :cry:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I just read it that Potter played the young players because they were good enough, not because he was asked to play young players for the sake of it, or some notion of having to bring young players through.

I don’t think for one second that Hughton was ever asked directly to include younger players. However, given the investment in the academy and our development squad, it seems fairly clear that Bloom had expectations of a youth pathway that simply wasn’t being met.

We might not have set the world on fire this season but we’ve gathered more points, conceded fewer goals and had more possession while reducing the average age of the starting lineup. This all ties into Bloom’s longer term planning for the club.

He’s a remarkable guy and we are so fortunate to have him minding the shop.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We are very lucky to have this guy as our Chairman.

Totally agree with this, when I look at other clubs and the difficulties they have with their owners/chairmen, not to mention our own past experiences, I keep coming back to how lucky we are to have TB in charge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here