Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Can a thread be hidden from view ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The top two threads on the Big Board are both political and of no interest to me. I would like to have more interesting threads displayed on my front page. I just wondered whether this is possible.

This has been asked before, and it seems it's not that easy.

Besides, as they are political, there's a fair chance they'll end up in the bear pit in a day or two.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Perhaps as a temporary fix you could bluetack two rectangles of paper to your screen? If you're certain you want to hide them you could use gaffer tape, or even Tippex?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Those topics obviously intetest others, as they'd drop off the page otherwise. Many threads don't interest me. I just don't open them up. Easy really.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ask for the threads to be moved to the Bearpit

the bear pit is not for people to ask threads they dont like to be moved to, its for threads that have descended beyond decent debate. its quite easy to engage in self censorship and not open a thread you dont want to read, just scroll past the ones of no interest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The top two threads on the Big Board are both political and of no interest to me. I would like to have more interesting threads displayed on my front page. I just wondered whether this is possible.

Hide Thread facility would be...

44279618_fastshowbrilliant2701.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#FirstWorldProblems :lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
1248075250110.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is this Elton John’s account :)

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WEATHER!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The solution is to go on the thread and say something to wind people up. Then ask for the thread to be sent to toxic sin bin.

Tempting........

Actually that's the way to get banned from a thread.

Bear Pit is for stuff that is beyond hope. Normally gets shifted when the same ten or so people turn up with the same tired trolling, stalking and babyish insults. I'd suggest, like the others, ignoring the threads that don't interest you, like I've managed with the cycling, photography and Leeds fans ones.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Actually that's the way to get banned from a thread.

Bear Pit is for stuff that is beyond hope. Normally gets shifted when the same ten or so people turn up with the same tired trolling, stalking and babyish insults. I'd suggest, like the others, ignoring the threads that don't interest you, like I've managed with the cycling, photography and Leeds fans ones.

Yep, I was only joshing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Get some rows going in those threads, without getting yourself a ban, then they'll be Bear Pitted.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Those topics obviously intetest others, as they'd drop off the page otherwise. Many threads don't interest me. I just don't open them up. Easy really.

Well if it's not possible to hide them, I'm going to go to the cycling thread and running thread, start insulting everyone on there and get them moved to the Bear Pit.

I have no interest in cycling or running whatsoever and yet those bloody threads are always on the front page and I don't see why it should be my responsibility to ignore them.

Besides, It's like they are only there to wind up the more portly poster. Get them in the Bear pit :p

These threads bore me, sorry.
I just wondered whether there was a way to filter my view so I can see more football threads on my front page. If it’s as impossible as you say then no worries.

In all seriousness, isn't that what the post prefix is for ? On the big Board, choose the prefix 'Football' on the grey line with the 'show threads' button, all you will see are threads with a 'football' prefix and Bob's your Auntie's live in lover :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
These threads bore me, sorry.
I just wondered whether there was a way to filter my view so I can see more football threads on my front page. If it’s as impossible as you say then no worries.

The cycling, betting, horse racing and most of the music threads bore me too. Just scroll on by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here