[Football] Coventry New Stadium

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Breaking Sky Blues news
New stadium plans at Warwick University
SISU actually speaking to fans
They hope it will take five years. Yeah, good luck with that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hope they get it but it does appear a bit palace superstand at the moment

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good luck to them actually getting a ground - but not that great if they can't have one actually in Coventry. Still, they've really fallen a long way in the last 30 odd years, a journey a bit like ours was, so well done to them for still being here.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good luck to them actually getting a ground - but not that great if they can't have one actually in Coventry. Still, they've really fallen a long way in the last 30 odd years, a journey a bit like ours was, so well done to them fr still being here.

It's more in Coventry than the Amex is in Brighton.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Seems like a ridiculous state of affairs for a city like Coventry to be building another new stadium. I suppose it will create jobs and if they can both contribute to the local area's economy etc.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I live down the road from Warwick uni. They were - until covid hit - building all sorts up the uni including a new gym and loads of accommodation. With HS2 going through the middle of it all, there is probably all sorts that is potentially available given they haven't nailed an exact location.

Warwick uni is really in Coventry. But cov University is the old poly so takes the name of the city. Warwick as a name appeals to the middle classes.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I lived down the road from this area for 14 years - a lot has been built on since the new century, so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to put a stadium in. The traffic will require Falmer level parking restrictions.

You can't trust Coventry owners an inch, though. Bet it's less than a year before they've fallen out with the University and started suing them.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I lived down the road from this area for 14 years - a lot has been built on since the new century, so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to put a stadium in. The traffic will require Falmer level parking restrictions.

You can't trust Coventry owners an inch, though. Bet it's less than a year before they've fallen out with the University and started suing them.

That as well, regarding the owners. Everyone very sceptical about the whole thing up here.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's more in Coventry than the Amex is in Brighton.

(pedant alert from ex-Warwick student)

Pretty equidistant between Cov and Kenilworth. Amex is actually closer to central Brighton than Warwick Uni is to Coventry city centre. Same goes for Coventry city centre to Ricoh Arena.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
(pedant alert from ex-Warwick student)

Pretty equidistant between Cov and Kenilworth. Amex is actually closer to central Brighton than Warwick Uni is to Coventry city centre. Same goes for Coventry city centre to Ricoh Arena.

Looks like 4km rather than 4 miles, but I guess there isn't a direct route in Coventry unlike Lewes Road?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Insane that they can't share the current one. No problems sharing with rugby teams these days. Not with the advanced grassing systems.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I live down the road from Warwick uni. They were - until covid hit - building all sorts up the uni including a new gym and loads of accommodation. With HS2 going through the middle of it all, there is probably all sorts that is potentially available given they haven't nailed an exact location.

Warwick uni is really in Coventry. But cov University is the old poly so takes the name of the city. Warwick as a name appeals to the middle classes.
It's really the University of Warwickshire like we have thhe University of Sussex on the edge of Brighton.

PG (Warwick 81-85).

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here