[Politics] The Russia Report

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was wondering were this thread was. a lot of expectation of something juicy, seems to be a mundane problem of who is supposed to be defending us from Russian influencers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
was wondering were this thread was. a lot of expectation of something juicy, seems to be a mundane problem of who is supposed to be defending us from Russian influencers.

As well as the numerous donations to the Tory party from Russians.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014

Does the UK Government not investigating the problem not count as juicy? It does to me, they're aware of the problem and have done **** all about it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was clear the delay last year was a political one. Even in a more open age, government is as corrupt as ever.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Disappointing read for the many people on here hoping for a smoking gun ..

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I imagine the juicy stuff will be in the classified version.

One question arising is what Boris has done about the findings since he first received the report last October. Although this information is also likely to be classified. Maybe the Russians will share this with us?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It's certainly a reason to celebrate the fact that only the total and utter incompetence and ineptitude of the Government is actually proven by their ability to gather any information for the Corruption charge :lolol:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Next to nothing in it. Must be massive disappointment on here.

The Guardian journalist asking questions at the news conference seemed crushed looking for connections between Arron Banks and Russia .... only to be told he was just a footnote* in the report.

*Arron Banks became the biggest donor in British political history when he gave £8m to the Leave.EU campaign. In October 2018, the Electoral Commission – which had been investigating the source of this donation – referred the case to the National Crime Agency, which investigated it ***. In September 2019, the National Crime Agency announced that it had concluded the investigation, having found no evidence that any criminal offences had been committed under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 or company law by any of the individuals or organisations referred to it by the Electoral Commission.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Errrr the government are, backed up by MI5? The ISC tore into them in the press conference for their inaction, have you watched it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Errrr the government are, backed up by MI5? The ISC tore into them in the press conference for their inaction, have you watched it?

no, i read the press release summary. are they building up their part on TV? the summary is quite dry, generally saying intelligence agencies arent doing their jobs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not surprised it was delayed. It doesn't look very good for Boris if you publish a report that asserts it is against the national interest to take money from the Russians when you've auctioned off a tennis match to the highest bidder and you trouser £160,000 from Mrs Chernukhin, who whose husband Vladimir was deputy finance minister under Mr Putin between 2000 and 2002.

Just pure Tory complacency, arrogance and sleaze laid bare. Problem is - we're stuck with this **** for four more years.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Looks increasingly likely there was EU influence in the 2016 referendum..
2ac13156f1ccd284b7e80f932714a0a3.jpg

Let’s get going.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
no, i read the press release summary. are they building up their part on TV? the summary is quite dry, generally saying intelligence agencies arent doing their jobs.

There was an hour long press conference. The summary says MI5 don't want to get invoved in politics, the press conference was an hour of tearing into the government. Worth mentioning amongst all this that Johnson tried to put a stooge in as head of the ISC and hold the report back even further. The fact that Johnson delayed this for no good reason was brought up more than once.

It's all bullshit anyway, you only have to look at how much Russian money finds it's way into the Tory coffers for bogus tennis matches to know something has gone horribly wrong.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not surprised it was delayed. It doesn't look very good for Boris if you publish a report that asserts it is against the national interest to take money from the Russians when you've auctioned off a tennis match to the highest bidder and you trouser £160,000 from Mrs Chernukhin, who whose husband Vladimir was deputy finance minister under Mr Putin between 2000 and 2002.

Just pure Tory complacency, arrogance and sleaze laid bare. Problem is - we're stuck with this **** for four more years.

Exactly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No-one was expecting a 'smoking gun', let alone hoping for one. Those who were expecting one didn't know what they were on about, which I suspect also includes you.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, your casual dismissal of the UK refusing to investigate Russia's clear collusion in the EU Referendum says more about your attitude to democracy, the rule of law and your warped sense of patriotism than it does about the report. It shows that you've accepted - and worse, approve of - the various individuals' collective treason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here