Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2020 Edition]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Given the financial impact this season, which will carry on until next year (until an effective vaccine in place) I'd expect spend to be limited with younger players filling the free spots in the squad.

I don't believe that for one moment. The squad is low on quality We can't keep staying up by the skin of our teeth. Dan Asworth was brought in for a reason.

I can see us spending 50 million quite easily. Maybe more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't believe that for one moment. The squad is low on quality We can't keep staying up by the skin of our teeth. Dan Asworth was brought in for a reason.

I can see us spending 50 million quite easily. Maybe more.

Selling Propper for £25m, Montoya for £10m and Gross for £15m, giving us a £100m budget for payers with pace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If it’s just one, we will be ending up in the bottom 3. 100%.

Get rid of all four and sign doucoure and cairney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was only a few months ago we were all delighted to have signed Mooy permanently and all sorts of fans were raving about him. Sure, he’s gone a bit off the boil but I don’t place him in that list personally for now - needs more time to prove himself etc.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Given the financial impact this season, which will carry on until next year (until an effective vaccine in place) I'd expect spend to be limited with younger players filling the free spots in the squad.

disagree, but only because I can see us generating substantial funds through sales which should offset the spend. we certainly won't be indulging in a huge net spend imo, but we'll spend nonetheless

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
At least ONE of these will be getting upgraded.
I'm expecting Stephens and Groß to become more occasional picks, and Pröpper to be sold for reasonable money.

This allows us to bring in a new midfielder and give Molumby a decent opportunity to step up.

Hopefully we can get most of the business done before the first game. Obviously the striker won't happen until the last minute, and there is always Andone as a fallback option if we fail to bring one in.

Looking forward to bringing in a left back and all the NSC MOANS that we should be "concentrating on a striker" as if we pick the order the deals get done.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Teams are starting to announce signings - even Palace have 1 !

It'll be good to join the party soon.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Pretty sure Molumby will be close to getting a number next season. He's excelled in the Championship already so not sure what benefit another year loan would do him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe I'm a massively over-sensitive snowflake, but why do you (and the whole of NSC as far as I can tell) always use such an insensitive term? They're not mobile phones, they're people, all of whom have given fine service to our club.

Yes - you're being over-sensitive.

I'm pretty respectful to Albion players (with the obviously exception of Locadia, but that's because, as established, he's not actually very interested in being a footballer). I really, really don't think suggesting the club seek to 'upgrade' an area of the squad, is something anyone could possible take offence to :shrug:

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I'm pretty convinced the transfer scene will be minimal for most teams. We might sell to buy if for example a good striker was available. None of us knows how Tony has fared during the crisis- there may not be money available.

As for the speculation on certain named players I think we are in danger of forgetting first they have to be available and second have to want to come to us rather than someone else.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes - you're being over-sensitive.

I'm pretty respectful to Albion players (with the obviously exception of Locadia, but that's because, as established, he's not actually very interested in being a footballer). I really, really don't think suggesting the club seek to 'upgrade' an area of the squad, is something anyone could possible take offence to :shrug:

But you didn't say upgrade an area of the squad, you said upgrade Mooy, Gross, Propper etc. I find it an unnecessarily dehumanising way of talking about player recruitment. Not sure I'd want someone talking about me in my employment setting in those terms. The players blatantly read all of this.

Just a personal view, I think I'm in a minority.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But you didn't say upgrade an area of the squad, you said upgrade Mooy, Gross, Propper etc. I find it an unnecessarily dehumanising way of talking about player recruitment. Not sure I'd want someone talking about me in my employment setting in those terms. The players blatantly read all of this.

Just a personal view, I think I'm in a minority.

Fair enough

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1. Ryan
2. Button
3. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Cochrane
4. Montoya (Sold abroad £7m)
U21. Lamptey
5. Lewis (£14m from related Norwich) Bernardo sold £8m Germany somewhere
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( Sold to Chelsea £40m )
9. Duffy (Sold to Burnley £18m)
Clarke ( HGP )
10. White ( HGP )
U21. Băluţă
11. Mailtland-Niles (£18m)
Stephens (Sold to Burnley £8m)
U21. Molumby
12. Bissouma
13. Pröpper
14. Mooy ( HGP )
15. Alzate ( HGP )
16. Mac Allister
17. Groß
18. Neres (£20m + Jahanbakhsh from Ajax)
Jahanbakhsh (PX to Ajax)
19. Sarr (£25m from relegated Watford)
March ( Sold £12m )
20. Trossard
21. Lallana (Free)
Izquierdo (Released)
23. Maupay
U21. Connolly
24. Murray
25. Edouard (£25m)

Others sold:

Gyökeres
Mlakar
Walton
Total £8m

Net Transfers Cost: £1m

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
1. Ryan
2. Button
3. Sanchez ( HGP )
4. Montoya (Sold abroad £7m) U21. Cochrane
U21. Lamptey
5. Lewis (£14m from related Norwich) Bernardo sold £8m Germany somewhere
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( Sold to Chelsea £40m ) 9. Duffy (Sold to Burnley £18m) Clarke ( HGP )
10. White ( HGP )
U21. Băluţă
11. Mailtland-Niles (£18m)
Stephens (Sold to Burnley £8m) U21. Molumby
12. Bissouma
13. Pröpper
14. Mooy ( HGP )
15. Alzate ( HGP )
16. Mac Allister
17. Groß
18. Neres (£20m + Jahanbakhsh from Ajax)
Jahanbakhsh (PX to Ajax)

19. Sarr (£25m from relegated Watford)
March ( Sold £12m )
/COLOR]
20. Trossard
21. Lallana (Free)Izquierdo (Released)
23. Maupay
U21. Connolly
24. Murray
25. Edouard (£25m)

Others sold:

Gyökeres
Mlakar
Walton
Total £8m

Net Transfers Cost: £1m

That's... ... ambitious.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I’d be shocked if it isn’t similar to our past three summers. How much are we really losing as a club? We are losing £1m per home game, so that is £5m. We are probably also losing ~£8.5m because of the TV rebate. Considering we spent ~£60m each year, it probably won’t effect much. Also, if TB really wants to push our club to top 10, now is the time to spend

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Whatever the plan, I imagine we will see 3/4 new signings for the 1st team plus a few youngsters integrated. I cannot see Potter giving a squad place to anyone over 21 who hasn't already had significant game time except for Walton & White, but any U21's have a chance of being involved as they do not take up a place.

The other interesting factor is the amount of HGP's we have who are a risk of being sold/moved on, we may have to keep a few just to fulfil the quota.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here