Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2020 Edition]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see that Jahanbakhsh isn’t highlighted yellow with ‘or new signing’ next to him anymore!

Good stuff [emoji106]
Indeed.

I think we need to realise that we will possibly not be doing much more trading this window.

TV money = ~£150 million.

Other income = very little.

Wages = ~ £100 million.
Covid losses last season = ~ £30 million

Non playing staff wages and running costs, new contracts for White and Dunk, signing on fees for Lallana and Veltman....

Means not much left in the kitty.

However, incoming fees for Knockaert, Montoya, Mooy etc. minus costs for Weir, Dendoncker, Van Hecke and Ella etc. mean we may still have ~£15 million surplus so not all gloom and doom...

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think we need to realise that we will possibly not be doing much more trading this window.

Its pretty unlikely given what we know about players they've bid for this summer, the strategy of not selling key talent, what they've briefed journalists and the gaps in the squad.
(despite all the "we can make do" stuff).

And for those thinking we're leaving it late - At this equivalent point in the last window - we had yet to sign Webster, Maupay and Mooy.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its pretty unlikely given what we know about players they've bid for this summer, the strategy of not selling key talent, what they've briefed journalists and the gaps in the squad.
(despite all the "we can make do" stuff).

And for those thinking we're leaving it late - At this equivalent point in the last window - we had yet to sign Webster, Maupay and Mooy.

While I agree with the thrust of your position, Maupay and Webster were signed before the start of the season

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
just pointing out there's 2 weeks left of the transfer window.
and with 2 weeks left last year we hadn't signed Webster, Maupay and Mooy.

You're right, and share sentiment we will get someone (quality no idea?). But if I recall there were credible links of our interest last year, it was known we were talking to Maupay.

This season there's loads of paper articles citing our interest, but other than Nunez and Arsenal Balogun, nothing credible that we may be in talks with representatives of clubs (as there is today with palace/Sheff United re Brewster).

Could all be another top secret veltman, but that was rare.....normally would expect something a little more concrete to leak about at least one?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
just pointing out there's 2 weeks left of the transfer window.
and with 2 weeks left last year we hadn't signed Webster, Maupay and Mooy.

In that, you are right, but you're neglecting to mention that there has been a change in when the transfer window closes from before the season starts to 3 or 4 weeks after its start.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Actual dates of end of transfer window as I understand them:

- Mon Oct 5th is transfer deadline day (before UEFA squad deadline the following day).
That's in 2+ weeks.

- 5pm Fri Oct 16th is the extended domestic deadline (you can't trade with other PL clubs, but transfers from Championship seem OK).
That's exactly 4 weeks from now.

So 4 weeks to sign the Websters and Maupay's of this world...perhaps Rico Henry?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best of luck to Dale Stephens :wave:

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP ) ( injured )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
5. March ( HGP )
6. Bernardo or New Signing
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
13. Pröpper
U21. Molumby
U21. Sanders
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
18. Izquierdo ( injured )
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Maupay
U21. Connolly
22. Gyökeres or New Signing ( Striker )
23. Andone ( injured )

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Best of luck to Dale Stephens :wave:

1. Ryan
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
5. March ( HGP )
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
13. Pröpper
U21. Molumby
U21. Sanders
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
18. Izquierdo ( injured )
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Maupay
U21. Connolly
23. Andone ( injured )
Out of a 25 man squad we have a total of 27 players. 4 of which are U21 taking the total to 23.
One of the squad is an injured GK with absence length unknown, another is JI who admittedly returns to training in couple of weeks but has NOT played in best part of 18 months and finally we have Andone..
This summer has seen 7 first team squad departures and 2 incoming for 900k total. We certainly have the space, and I would like to think the funds to actually make a decent striker signing now based simply on that.. Big couple of weeks left..

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Not sure if this has been covered already but if we stay as we are with those 23, would Crofts have to be given a place?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure if this has been covered already but if we stay as we are with those 23, would Crofts have to be given a place?

You dont have to register 25 players, its just the maximum. Most clubs dont register 25 players.

Last year I think Crofts got a place? Could see it happening again. If there's - God forbid - eight injuries or so in midfield at some point, I guess giving him a spot would be better than not.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Out of a 25 man squad we have a total of 27 players. 4 of which are U21 taking the total to 23.One of the squad is an injured GK with absence length unknown, another is JI who admittedly returns to training in couple of weeks but has NOT played in best part of 18 months and finally we have Andone..
This summer has seen 7 first team squad departures and 2 incoming for 900k total. We certainly have the space, and I would like to think the funds to actually make a decent striker signing now based simply on that.. Big couple of weeks left..

Back after the next international break according to Potter

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
1. Ryan
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
5. March ( HGP )
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
13. Pröpper
U21. Molumby
U21. Sanders
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
18. Izquierdo Not Injured!
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Maupay
U21. Connolly
23. Andone ( injured )

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought preliminary squad numbers were submitted, and they are finalised when the window closes? After all, how do the new players get numbers if not?

It's all explained in the link I posted which is from the PL website (page 189 for reference but I've snipped the relevant part below). There is a separate rule that says that players subsequently joining the first team squad are to be allocated a number. The numbers are preliminary until the window closes to cover sales of players and remind fans against buying say an 18 Mooy shirt just in case he's sold to a Chinese side.

squad number rules.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here