Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2020 Edition]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's no way Gross is going anywhere, he's been heavily involved and played very well so far this season. Without a better replacement I don't see AJ going anywhere, uunless £10m+ offers come in. Bernardo is our only Left footed Left back.

Locadia and possibly Izzy to KFC, Andone to Athletico Gnuthous maybe.
£10M+ fpr Jahanbakhsh? Wow! That would be the sale of the century!

We paid too much for him in the first place, and his value will have dropped a huge amount in his unsuccessful stint with us. We'd be lucky to recoup half of what we spent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£10M+ fpr Jahanbakhsh? Wow! That would be the sale of the century!

We paid too much for him in the first place, and his value will have dropped a huge amount in his unsuccessful stint with us. We'd be lucky to recoup half of what we spent.
We paid £17 million for AliJ on a 5 year deal.

Half of that £17 million will have already been deprecated on the accounts over 2 1/2 years so £8.5 million would be our break even figure on the outstanding amount.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We paid £17 million for AliJ on a 5 year deal.

Half of that £17 million will have already been deprecated on the accounts over 2 1/2 years so £8.5 million would be our break even figure on the outstanding amount.

That might be what we want for him. I doubt it’s what we’ll get for him. Which is likely why he didn’t go in the summer based on his message.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That might be what we want for him. I doubt it’s what we’ll get for him. Which is likely why he didn’t go in the summer based on his message.

His £1.8m a year salary might make us more amenable to doing a deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Percy finally arrives !

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP ) ( injured )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
5. March ( HGP )
6. Bernardo
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
U21. Moder
U21. Sanders
13. Pröpper
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
18. Izquierdo ( injured )
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Tau
22. Maupay
U21. Connolly
U21. Zeqiri
23. Andone ( injured )
24. Welbeck ( HGP )

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Danny Rose is a no-brainer, but I expect there will be a lot of competition. Virtually every team in the bottom half of the table would benefit from having him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Karbownik recalled.

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
U21. Karbownik
5. March ( HGP )
6. Bernardo
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
U21. Moder
U21. Sanders
13. Pröpper
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Tau
22. Maupay
U21. Connolly
U21. Zeqiri
23. Andone ( injured )
24. Welbeck ( HGP )

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
30 in that squad, which is way too many. Really need to ship out a few, for their sakes as much as ours:
-- Ryan should be playing first team football and has been a magnificent servant for us
-- Bernardo also deserves top flight football abroad
-- Jahanbakhsh will excel in a league where he's given more time and requires less physicality
-- Sanders needs to play to develop

Beyond that, we might have to stick with what we've got. We can't rely on either Andone or Izquierdo, and we've got a fair few players that seem to pick up injuries (Lallana, Lamptey, Welbeck) so we need cover for them.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Karbownik recalled.

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
U21. Karbownik
5. March ( HGP )
6. Bernardo
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
U21. Moder
U21. Sanders
13. Pröpper
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Tau
22. Maupay
U21. Connolly
U21. Zeqiri
23. Andone ( injured )
24. Welbeck ( HGP )

Does Crofts still take a space if less than 25?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Karbownik recalled.

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Sanchez ( HGP )
U21. Lamptey
U21. Karbownik
5. March ( HGP )
6. Bernardo
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Bissouma
U21. Moder
U21. Sanders
13. Pröpper
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
19. Trossard
20. Jahanbakhsh
21. Tau
22. Maupay
U21. Connolly
U21. Zeqiri
23. Andone ( injured )
24. Welbeck ( HGP )

Only 24 plus U21’s so no prob with rules Shirley? Just need a target man IMHO. And offload a few hangers on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Think this looks good but very bloated.

As others have said Ryan, Bernardo, Jahanbahksh and Sanders (loan) should be moved on. I would also let Propper go of he wants to. Still rate him and think he adds value to the squad, but deserves regular football which he won't get with us. I'm discounting Andone and Izquierdo as I feel their days are done with us due to injury. Would leave a 23 man squad of the fit players.

Like to see Caicedo come in, purely based on the hype and style of player, box to box with Biss and Mac Allister/Lallana would be something different. Seems that the likes of Khadra and Jennifer are being considered too with the current injury list.

Would also like to see the elusive target man but feel we will have to wait for the summer on this one.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why wait until the summer to plug a gap in our squad that has been obvious for 2 years? I will say, however, that Welbs getting fit would make a massive difference

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Think this looks good but very bloated.

As others have said Ryan, Bernardo, Jahanbahksh and Sanders (loan) should be moved on. I would also let Propper go of he wants to. Still rate him and think he adds value to the squad, but deserves regular football which he won't get with us. I'm discounting Andone and Izquierdo as I feel their days are done with us due to injury. Would leave a 23 man squad of the fit players.

Like to see Caicedo come in, purely based on the hype and style of player, box to box with Biss and Mac Allister/Lallana would be something different. Seems that the likes of Khadra and Jennifer are being considered too with the current injury list.

Would also like to see the elusive target man but feel we will have to wait for the summer on this one.

Jennifer is this Jenks nickname ?
Much like Pauline was for Brooker in the Withdean era :lolol:
Or as I suspect a spell check auto correct ?

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Why wait until the summer to plug a gap in our squad that has been obvious for 2 years? I will say, however, that Welbs getting fit would make a massive difference

I'm with you...its been a huge gap and one I'm sure was tried to fill with Nunez in the summer. I just don't see big money being spent this window on a quality addition. Would love to be proven wrong

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
30 in that squad, which is way too many. Really need to ship out a few, for their sakes as much as ours:
-- Ryan should be playing first team football and has been a magnificent servant for us
-- Bernardo also deserves top flight football abroad
-- Jahanbakhsh will excel in a league where he's given more time and requires less physicality
-- Sanders needs to play to develop

Beyond that, we might have to stick with what we've got. We can't rely on either Andone or Izquierdo, and we've got a fair few players that seem to pick up injuries (Lallana, Lamptey, Welbeck) so we need cover for them.
Also maybe Zeqiri will be loaned out ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here