Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to cash in on Lewis Dunk?

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
I know this is going to get a few feathers ruffled but do you think it is time to cash in on Lewis Dunk?

With players like Ben White, Adam Webster, Shane Duffy, Leo Östigard, Dan Burn and Matt Clarke all natural central defenders, do you think any of them could step up and replace Dunk?

I cannot count how many blocks Dunk has made this year in front of goal, and it makes me nervous even suggesting it, but Brighton could get a tidy penny for him which they will not get in a couple of years being that he will be 29 this year.

A bigger question might be would he want to go?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rip the beating heart of our defence out?

Nah, you're alright.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
absolutely not

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Every player has his price.

Dunk's would be very high.

I wouldn't want to lose him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calling @DrNo

It's not as simple as that. We won't form a reputation for preventing players from fulfilling their potential, otherwise up and coming players won't end up signing here in the first place. If Arsenal came calling, offered £45-50m and the player wanted to go, he absolutely would go and rightly so.

Thing is, it's all speculation. Everything needs to be right - the club wanting him, the proposed fee, and Dunk's willingness to go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope but if he did he would find himself in the next England squad after his transfer ...100% guaranteed imo

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No.

He's our best player by an astonishingly, and worryingly, wide margin.

He's worth far more to us, than anyone would pay.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If he wanted to go for personal and professional reasons? He'd go with my 100% support and gratitude and nothing but best wishes for all future success.

But manufacture a scenario to actively sell him? I'd need a lot of convincing that that would be the right thing to do. (But, yes. It's not my money in the club, obvs.)

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
I know this is going to get a few feathers ruffled but do you think it is time to cash in on Lewis Dunk?

With players like Ben White, Adam Webster, Shane Duffy, Leo Östigard, Dan Burn and Matt Clarke all natural central defenders, do you think any of them could step up and replace Dunk?

I cannot count how many blocks Dunk has made this year in front of goal, and it makes me nervous even suggesting it, but Brighton could get a tidy penny for him which they will not get in a couple of years being that he will be 29 this year.

A bigger question might be would he want to go?

Calling @DrNo

No.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If Chelsea offered £50M+ then I would accept it. I think Dunk deserves his chance to play for England, the club he supports and top level football.

He has more than earned it after sticking with us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's not as simple as that. We won't form a reputation for preventing players from fulfilling their potential, otherwise up and coming players won't end up signing here in the first place. If Arsenal came calling, offered £45-50m and the player wanted to go, he absolutely would go and rightly so.

Thing is, it's all speculation. Everything needs to be right - the club wanting him, the proposed fee, and Dunk's willingness to go.

That's a different question to "Is now the right time to cash in?"

If a top 6 club offer £45-50million, I doubt anyone would stand in Dunk's way. He would have deserved the move.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Off to Leeds.

I don't think we can stand in his way either, he will of course want to play in the Champions League Final.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. If he would want to leave to get a fat contract, titles, better shot at playing with England, it would be a different question. But actively trying to sell him just to "cash in" would be some stupid shit.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here