Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Say your goodbyes to free health care...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In another betrayal by the Conservative government they have voted down a clause protecting the NHS from being on the table in any future trade negotiations, amongst other clauses that would have protected our NHS.

Another concern that was written off as “project fear” has now come to pass.

If you ain’t worried now, you ain’t paying attention.

https://evolvepolitics.com/breaking...UQcQUlSrldnnv7LskC2vJP4MadjyKwpsVqNwQlb1ITa8o

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
But that was just fear mongering by that jam making commie wasn’t it? Our beloved Tory overlords would never sell off our healthcare for a profit because they’re all very decent people! And... erm... Brexit... unelected bureaucrats... er... shit.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In another betrayal by the Conservative government they have voted down a clause protecting the NHS from being on the table in any future trade negotiations, amongst other clauses that would have protected our NHS.

Another concern that was written off as “project fear” has now come to pass.

If you ain’t worried now, you ain’t paying attention.

https://evolvepolitics.com/breaking...UQcQUlSrldnnv7LskC2vJP4MadjyKwpsVqNwQlb1ITa8o

Hardly a neutral news source now is it? The fact you follow it explains a lot. :p

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Free at the point of treatment. As well you know. What do you think of the legislation?

Similar to the PFI stuff in the 90s, I'll make a judgement when/if something changes. Can't see it in my lifetime. The present business model is unsustainable with increasing population and longer life expectancy with less folks paying into the system, so something needs to change sometime.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Hardly a neutral news source now is it? The fact you follow if explains a lot.

So you’re saying the Tories didn’t vote down an amendment to protect the NHS from foreign control in Brexit trade deals? Fantastic! I knew it was the hard left making it all up!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hardly a neutral news source now is it? The fact you follow if explains a lot.

Taking the source of the news away, what do you think of the news?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I imagine Boris’s statement being something like this

“The NHS in its current form clearly could not cope with the demands made upon it during the Covid crisis and so to protect the nation against another crisis we are tendering the running of the NHS to for profit companies in the US and China who can better cope in times of great need”.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

“The NHS in its current form early could not cope with the demands made upon it during the Covid crisis and so to protect the nation against another crisis we are rendering the running of the NHS to for profit companies in the US and China who can better cope in times of great need”.

China!

Good shout.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Similar to the PFI stuff in the 90s, I'll make a judgement when/if something changes. Can't see it in my lifetime. The present business model is unsustainable with increasing population and longer life expectancy with less folks paying into the system, so something needs to change sometime.

Interesting. Not worried about future generations.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

“The NHS in its current form early could not cope with the demands made upon it during the Covid crisis and so to protect the nation against another crisis we are rendering the running of the NHS to for profit companies in the US and China who can better cope in times of great need”.

Sorry, not enough waffle or bumbling and therefore utterly unbelievable. Therefore, I’m out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Political suicide for any party that tries to mess with the NHS for at least a generation - and hopefully much longer

I’m not convinced the general public really care. Especially not die hard Tory’s. The public were out clapping and calling for pay rises. The government just voted down pay rises for NHS workers.
I have seen that mentioned once on here.

Now people are able to drink in pubs and get a Happy Meal...NHS? Oh yeah, didn’t we bang a pot for them? I say didn’t we bang that pot for nurses, Steve?What did we do, Steve?
We banged a pot, Linda.
We banged a pot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you can buy drugs cheaper somewhere else, why would vote to potentially stop this from happening. That would be madness.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
government's MPs voting down a opposition amendment does not mean something else is pre-determined to happen. nothing has changed as a consequence.

in the event a trade deal offers some new enviornment that means US providers come into the market (which they are free to do so already), there is still the free at point of use service available.

meanwhile what we should be talking about is whether the current model of centralised healthcare is actually suitable, other countries with other models seem to have better healthcare outcomes. but no discussion on that is permitted lest the dark forces take over healthcare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here