Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neil Etheridge - goalkeeper

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
For Steele and Button, they're 29 and 31 respectively and have another year left on their deals (I think) so I don't see them being in a rush to leave unless they're really desperate for 1st team football. It's getting to last chance saloon for them to be 1st choice anywhere and I doubt they'll get a better deal as 2nd/3rd choice in the Championship.

I've said it before though, I simply don't see Walton as being good enough to seriously challenge Ryan and expect this to be the summer he finally gets a perm move away. Sanchez is 22 and will likely be loaned to another club the league above Rochdale.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Met Simon Greatwich a few times and coached together over here. Runs a lot of sessions literally down the street from me. Not sure any of them could be described as really playing for us but very much in the youth system having grown up in Brighton. Still follow Brighton to a point though and chats to myself or Mrs HS about club and events whenever sees us.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hearing this may be done this week, although there is a couple of other clubs also in for him.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We've actually had THREE players that went on to be "Philippines internationals"....

Simon Greatwich

Chris Greatwich

Phil Greatwich

I saw the Philippine National team (AZKALS) play several times when I lived in Manila I can quite confidently say one day they were Shithouse next game not so shithouse... players are more interested in being models than footballers, hence majority of the squad have very tenuous Philippine links ie one parent and have never actually set foot on Philippine soil until they play there.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I saw the Philippine National team (AZKALS) play several times when I lived in Manila I can quite confidently say one day they were Shithouse next game not so shithouse... players are more interested in being models than footballers, hence majority of the squad have very tenuous Philippine links ie one parent and have never actually set foot on Philippine soil until they play there.

Having a Filipino parent, as the Greatwiches, Phil Younghusband and Etheridge do, is hardly tenuous.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would be very supersized if we are looking at a keeper right now. when we have Steele, Button,Walton and Sánchez behind Ryan

Awe [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] you let me down badly mate - I was hoping you were gonna say '' At least he has got 4cm height advantage on Maty Ryan '' OR '' At least he will be able to reach the crossbar '' ???

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
No need to be rude. You said having one parent from a country was a tenuous link. I disagree.

Basically the majority when I lived there had never been to the Philippines. Having one parent/ grandparent from a country is tenuous in my eyes, to play for a country it should be born there or at the least, not one 1/2 or 1/4 blood.

Still there are plenty of countries who fish around for players with faint links.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Basically the majority when I lived there had never been to the Philippines. Having one parent/ grandparent from a country is tenuous in my eyes, to play for a country it should be born there or at the least, not one 1/2 or 1/4 blood.

Still there are plenty of countries who fish around for players with faint links.

England being one of them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If it comes off good signing for me, streets ahead of Button and probably better than Walton (who I would sell).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here