Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheer up you miserable sods, we are mathematically safe

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Decent season of transition...

But, the complacency or diinterset (which?) on here reminds me of our third season in the old first division.

Except the signs are so much better.

If Big Sam is brought in, January., I'll apologise but, for now, FFS, we are in the top flight again next season. That's good, right?

:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we may not be great but at least we look like we belong in this division most games this season.

Exciting times

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Fully behind GP. I think he played a more pragmatic style in some of these strange post lockdown games. But understandable if you look at the bigger picture.

Next season, big things are happening. We are on the up. In Potter we trust.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Plenty to look forward to next season. Loads of young players coming through, great strength in depth and a manager prepared to change tactics to suit. A couple of signings upfront and a little more pace / intensity going forward we will be a match for most in this division.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Our expectation levels have gone up this season as we have a better squad and style of play. Today, we are disappointed by a 0-0 draw. Last season we won 2 points from our last nine games. That is progress and we need to keep progressing.
However, we need to be patient at times as we won't turn into Real Madrid over night.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Next season is the one to judge Potter. He’s done well this year consolidating our PL status but next season I’ll expect us to progress in terms of league position and results against the likes of Everton, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, etc

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The players have been playing two games a week for 5 weeks now. They’re knackered. They’ve done a great job since lockdown.

I think we can forgive them for seeing out the last couple of games with solid if not spectacular football. I’d prefer this than having two must win games.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Decent season of transition...

But, the complacency or diinterset (which?) on here reminds me of our third season in the old first division.

Except the signs are so much better.

If Big Sam is brought in, January., I'll apologise but, for now, FFS, we are in the top flight again next season. That's good, right?

:shrug:

Imagine the difference if we'd been there in person. Not just me and you, that would be weird, but 30,000 of us. Monday night, sunshine, beer before, renditions of "we are staying up". Booing Ritchie and Shelvey. Influencing Hoops to be a BIT less shit and the team to put more than 50% in. Final whistle goes, we're safe, lap of honour, someone's kid does something embarrasing on the pitch and El Galgo goes mental. Downstairs, more beer, singing on the train.

Now consider (as I posted on the match thread) that this was a team playing in burning July heat after a massively intense month, already safe (more or less), no fans and looking forward to a new season in just a month and a half. It was never going to be El Classico.

Potter has done what was asked, more PL football, an evolving squad, evolving tactics, lots of promise. Lamptey looks a real prospect. White comes back in, Bissouma can only get better with more football and we may even see Alzate and Izquierdo?

I'm happy and already looking forward to next season.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Fully behind GP. I think he played a more pragmatic style in some of these strange post lockdown games. But understandable if you look at the bigger picture.

Next season, big things are happening. We are on the up. In Potter we trust.

Yes, it could be an interesting time, with so many players' futures to be decided -not sure exactly how many are on loan and could be sold, thus bringing in some dosh, with the Ben White situation being the most anticipated. Also, we had 5 players today in their first season of the PL, and if you trust GP, then it follows that these younger players can only get better. It would be nice to have a squad capable of getting us higher in the league table, and not just the now habitual relegation battle. Yes, finances are tighter, though that is presumably the same for many other clubs, but now approaching our 4th year of PL football, we should be kicking on somewhat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bet Sky and BT are infused with tonight's games

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Since the re-start we have done brilliantly. It looked like a very tough ask to stay up with our run in and to fo it with a game to go is definitely over achieving. Next season we need to kick on. Certainly need to strengthen in the attacking/creativity area but overall I'm hopeful for next season. I think Bissouma, McAllister and Webster will be even better next season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not the easiest game on the eye but Potter has shown when required he can also adapt the team to grind out points and that’s what it takes when you get to this stage of the season. Whilst not the prettiest at times you can not argue with the points return since we resumed the season.

Great to get the job done and now already excited about what we could be building for next season.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Before the lockdown ended, I was nervous how we would fare in a very strange close to the season. But we've been one of the better teams since the return, and we can't ask for much more than that.

3 points were on offer tonight, we got 1, will take it

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Upgrade on Dale and a striker pre-season please!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good season overall, tonight was auful but at least Potter can have another season to try to improve. I think we will be saying the same this time next year if we dont have a couple of midfielders and a striker, we may even struggle more. Its a frightening prospect without Murray next year? and Maupay gets injured early season who do we turn to, Connolly.?
Everyone need a striker i appreciate but we really are low with Murrays contribution from here on.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Stayed up with reasonable comfort which didn't look likely at the end of February.

Clear where improvements are needed, however, we do have some good, young, technically adept footballers from whom we should see progression. Some judicious spending to support that. I believe we will see the squad evolve.

Fourth season in PL on the way. We've not spent silly money and never been in the bottom three.

Only downside is Leeds will be in the same division next season

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One would hope the major plus point from today would be the striker it ought to guarantee singing in a few weeks time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here