Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Newcastle

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
All rated as meh as no one turned up for that snooze fest.

Actually, give Ryan a 7 because of the choice of hat in the first half when facing into the sunshine, which was his most difficult task for the day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 6
Burn 7
Dunk 6
Webster 7
Gross 6
Mooy 5
Stephens 7 MoM
Bissouma 6
Trossard 5
Maupay 6

MacAllister 5
March 6
Murray N/A
Duffy N/A
Propper N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did murray even touch the ball after he came on?

hearts says (for staying up) 10/10 all round., head says 6s all round. we still need to find a supporting act for maupay next season. Dont really get whats up with Macalli? not really seen any good performances from him. is he being played out of position?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
6 - average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 6
Burn 7
Dunk 6
Webster 7
Gross 6
Mooy 5
Stephens 7 MoM
Bissouma 6
Trossard 5
Maupay 6

MacAllister 5
March 6
Murray N/A
Duffy N/A
Propper N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t disagree too much with that although I would give Dunk a 7.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep agreed

broadly speaking there were a range of performances between 5.9 - 6.45, but 6 each works for me.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
did murray even touch the ball after he came on?

hearts says (for staying up) 10/10 all round., head says 6s all round. we still need to find a supporting act for maupay next season. Dont really get whats up with Macalli? not really seen any good performances from him. is he being played out of position?

Tbf everyone was well below par today. However, I was of the understanding that Mac Allister is a no.10 but he’s being played out wide. It seems to be Potter’s new thing, playing central playmakers out wide instead of out and out wingers. Meanwhile Trossard was up top. Why he was playing there instead of his natural positing on the wing is anyone’s guess :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Tbf everyone was well below par today. However, I was of the understanding that Mac Allister is a no.10 but he’s being played out wide. It seems to be Potter’s new thing, playing central playmakers out wide instead of out and out wingers. Meanwhile Trossard was up top. Why he was playing there instead of his natural positing on the wing is anyone’s guess :shrug:

I think it's a good idea. Trossard has goals in him, as he showed against Liverpool. I think he looks more like a number 10 than a winger personally.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Couldn't be bothered to write th.......................................................................

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think it's a good idea. Trossard has goals in him, as he showed against Liverpool. I think he looks more like a number 10 than a winger personally.

I mean, Trossard has made a career of being a winger so playing him as a no.10 whilst a natural no.10 plays out wide seems a bit counterintuitive to me. Not saying Trossard can’t play the no.10 role, just that he’s more suited to wing play than Mooy, Gross or Mac Allister.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 5 - came rushing out near the end, gifting a golden chance to Carroll.
Lamptey 5 - defensively pretty good. No heads up football when attacking.
Webster 7
Dunk 8
Burn 4 - some giving away the ball in the latter stages, nearly cost us.
Stephens 6
Bissouma 3 - no composure, brought a great opportunity counter attack to a complete standstill.
Mooy 2 - did he play?
Gross 4 - bless, he has no pace.
Trossard 6 - tried to create, worked hard.
Maupay - 8. Will be some striker when he has consistent quality around him.

MacAllister 2 - not at the races.
March 3
Muzza 1 - passed him by. No service.
Duffy 5 - did the job against donkeys.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I mean, Trossard has made a career of being a winger so playing him as a no.10 whilst a natural no.10 plays out wide seems a bit counterintuitive to me. Not saying Trossard can’t play the no.10 role, just that he’s more suited to wing play than Mooy, Gross or Mac Allister.

Trossards heatmap today:

trosse.jpg

Looks like a winger to me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 5 - Little to do

Lamptey - 5 - To get towards full international honours he needs to improve his delivery and become harder to knock off the ball.
Burn - 4 - Very poor touch and passing today.
Dunk - 7 - Commanding. Showed his usual good positional sense today
Webster - 7 - MOM - Looks to have his assurance on the ball back after the tricky run of fixtures

Bissouma - 4 - Has gone off the boil since his purple patch last month. Passing lacking sharpness but still covering the ground well
Stephens - 6 - I wrote him off, and I hold my hand up to an error. Remains a conservative selection, but a decent Dale-like performance today.#
Mooy - 4 - I'm not a fan of him playing out on the left. I'd have him right in the centre of the pitch

Trossard - 4 - struggled to make an impact today. We need to persevere with him. Clearly ability there
Gross - 3 - Has put in about 300 consecutive set piece deliveries, which have not resulted in a clear chance. We need to rethink. Peripheral today, like all the attack were.
Maupay - 4 - Fiery and willing. We gave him nothing

March - 4 - Couldn't conjure anything up. At least offered some width
Propper - 3 - Maybe a 0% pass completion rate today
MacAllister - 2 - A lower pass completion rate than Davy. Has shown nothing in his time with us
Murray - 2 - No influence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here