Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bombardier

NSC Patreon
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
As 'Headliner' states you have to be part of it. I have a mate who is a Leeds supporter and he is certainly not deluded. He gets that Ben white is not theirs but feels that they have developed White. I get that and that is the loan system for you. Big following, yes. Big club, yes. Passionate fans, oh yes. Probably the noisiest bunch ever to grace the Amex. Higher than average deluded fans, undoubtedly yes but not all. Every club has em, even us. So, in my humble opinion Leeds should survive, not sure they will be a Sheffield United but won't be a Villa or Fulham. The trick is to buy wisely and add some decent loan signings in.

Regrettably for them Ben White is ours and he might be gracing Elland Road as an Albion player.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
As 'Headliner' states you have to be part of it. I have a mate who is a Leeds supporter and he is certainly not deluded. He gets that Ben white is not theirs but feels that they have developed White. I get that and that is the loan system for you. Big following, yes. Big club, yes. Passionate fans, oh yes. Probably the noisiest bunch ever to grace the Amex. Higher than average deluded fans, undoubtedly yes but not all. Every club has em, even us. So, in my humble opinion Leeds should survive, not sure they will be a Sheffield United but won't be a Villa or Fulham. The trick is to buy wisely and add some decent loan signings in.

Regrettably for them Ben White is ours and he might be gracing Elland Road as an Albion player.

Wife is from Leeds and is a part time Leeds fan. She says that the behaviour of some of the teenagers on twitter etc is doing them no favours in terms of their reputation as one of the most arrogant and self righteous fan groups in Global Football.

Not often I agree with her.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You got the jester hats ready for your 2 cup finals next year against the Mighty Leeds??

NSC has an open door policy to fans of opposing clubs, providing the individual recognises that they are 'drinking in the home fans' pub' and behaves accordingly. Your two posts so far indicate that you're in our pub being a bit mouthy and 'look at me'. Please stop.

If you'd like to discuss football with us, including balanced representation of the club you follow, please go ahead. If however you want to shit stir, a bouncer will be along to chuck you out.

Congratulations on your promotion.

Bombardier

NSC Patreon
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
NSC has an open door policy to fans of opposing clubs, providing the individual recognises that they are 'drinking in the home fans' pub' and behaves accordingly. Your two posts so far indicate that you're in our pub being a bit mouthy and 'look at me'. Please stop.

If you'd like to discuss football with us, including balanced representation of the club you follow, please go ahead. If however you want to shit stir, a bouncer will be along to chuck you out.

THIS

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So, in my humble opinion Leeds should survive, not sure they will be a Sheffield United but won't be a Villa or Fulham.

You might be right, but no-one can say with any kind of certainty given we don't know how much they'll spending, or on who.

There's a MASSIVE gap between Championship and Premier League - and they don't even own all of the key players in their Championship squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Of course Leeds will be our two cup finals, not Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Palace. Best chance of stealing all 6 points too in our two CUP FINALS :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Not sure I see anything in your post to back up the view that they are not the new Villa or Fulham.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You might be right, but no-one can say with any kind of certainty given we don't know how much they'll spending, or on who.

There's a MASSIVE gap between Championship and Premier League - and they don't even own all of the key players in their Championship squad.

Not like Fulham or Villa at all then :lolol:

If they don’t spend big they may be too weak, if they do they are taking a big risk. Gonna be interesting either way

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'd say Marcelo Bielsa is the biggest reason. He's certainly likely to be a lot more Rafa Benitez than Dean Smith isn't he?

In terms of the fan adulation he receives yes. However Benitez is a classic example of the constraints a famous manager faces at a non top 6 club. His Newcastle team played defensive, Hughton like football because he was unable to recruit expansive players of sufficient quality to compete in the PL. BTW I’m not definitively saying they are the new Villa/Fulham but I just don’t think having noisy fans is quite enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd say Marcelo Bielsa is the biggest reason. He's certainly likely to be a lot more Rafa Benitez than Dean Smith isn't he?

It is going to be interesting how it plays out with Bielsa. The Leeds fans might think they are about to go out a buy an expensive new squad, but that is absolutely NOT Bielsa's way. He's as likely to refuse any more than a couple of new players and insist that he can coach the existing ones to the required levels.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Except Rafa could be very defence minded and I keep hearing from Leeds fans that Bielsa only plays one way. Going toe to toe in the Championship is fine but, as we know, it’s very very risky in the PL. The speed of the counter attack and the pace and skill of forwards and defenders is on a different level.

Leeds are going to have to spend very big indeed to make these tactics work in the PL.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Except Rafa could be very defence minded and I keep hearing from Leeds fans that Bielsa only plays one way. Going toe to toe in the Championship is fine but, as we know, it’s very very risky in the PL. The speed of the counter attack and the pace and skill of forwards and defenders is on a different level.

Leeds are going to have to spend very big indeed to make these tactics work in the PL.

Bielsa was never on my radar so know nothing about him, but reading up on him he hasn't really got much pedigree in top European Leagues, so it will be interesting to see how he does. If he stays that is

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bielsa was never on my radar so know nothing about him, but reading up on him he hasn't really got much pedigree in top European Leagues, so it will be interesting to see how he does. If he stays that is

That's a bit harsh.

At Lazio he didn't lose ONE single match in his whole tenure.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The regulations are such that Leeds have to ask Brighton if we are willing to allow them to speak to him. If they have tapped him up prior which is also very likely, the conversation will be very short. Can we talk to Ben White? No..................Oh by the way we've reported you for tapping up our player.

This is Pretty naive

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is Pretty naive

Naive, really, plenty of clubs have reported others for tapping up players and been fined. Everyone knows it goes on but when the club has said unambiguously he is not for sale and will be in our squad next season that's it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here