Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
How is it that newly promoted Leeds can afford to pay White more than Brighton?

They currently have a very high opinion of him. Rightfully or wrongfully I would suggest they would make him their highest earner if given the chance. We wouldn't but that is illustration of the quality and experience we have in our squad compared to them.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Love this world class manager stuff, he disappears the moment the kitchen gets too hot. Hasn’t won much of note and hasn’t signed a new contract. Now that would be funny if he decides to leave the mighty Leeds

You know that is going to happen....

I can see them 5 or 6 games in having only picked up a couple of points moaning about Beilsa taking them as far as he can.

No one in football likes Leeds, not even Leeds fans. The gushing from the press about their promotion has been quite frankly embarrassing for them because this time next year they'll be back in the Championship.

As for Ben White as far as I'm concerned you can't miss what you've never had so if someone comes in for him with a stupid offer then lets cash in. Whack a decent sell on clause on him and if he is as good as people are saying then we could still be earning out of him in years to come.

I've watched Leeds a fair bit these last few weeks and whilst I appreciate its the business end of the season and its all about results they don't look that good at the back with White in there so they are going to ship a serious amount of goals next season without serious investment.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Next season is going to be challenging for all of the promoted teams.
With a limited pre-season, they may struggle getting in new players and bedding them into the team.
It may be advantageous for Leeds to try and secure White's signature on this basis.

Alternatively you could see a lot of money splashed about on proven Premier League players. (Tyrone Mings)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They currently have a very high opinion of him. Rightfully or wrongfully I would suggest they would make him their highest earner if given the chance. We wouldn't but that is illustration of the quality and experience we have in our squad compared to them.

That's possible, but it's not the same as being able to afford to pay him that. Leeds have come in with typical delusions and Leedsness and are convinced that they now have more money than everyone but the big 6. Fact is that they'd have to spend 30m+ in transfer fees before paying White a single penny in wages; whereas Brighton would likely cash in on an existing player (Duffy?), not only bringing in several million in fees but also freeing up 2m a year in wages.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Leeds are excited and rightly so returning to the top division. I would be desperate for White to stay if I was in there position.

Would I expect it though, not really, and I suspect most sensible Leeds fans are aware he is not there player and Is unlikely to be.

However much money there new owners throw at it, I suspect Bielsa will spend his money elsewhere rather than throwing 30 million our way for someone who has not as yet kicked a ball in the Premier League

I look forward to seeing White back here fighting it out for a starting spot in our 11 :)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
That's possible, but it's not the same as being able to afford to pay him that. Leeds have come in with typical delusions and Leedsness and are convinced that they now have more money than everyone but the big 6. Fact is that they'd have to spend 30m+ in transfer fees before paying White a single penny in wages; whereas Brighton would likely cash in on an existing player (Duffy?), not only bringing in several million in fees but also freeing up 2m a year in wages.

I think Leeds can afford to offer him 40k - 50k a week. We wouldn't go near that margin for someone who is merely a back up CB at this stage.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
You got the jester hats ready for your 2 cup finals next year against the Mighty Leeds??
So it begins.
How long before this absolute FLUTE is banned, only to be replaced by more self opinionated, self entitled loud mouth northern tw@ts

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think Leeds can afford to offer him 40k - 50k a week. We wouldn't go near that margin for someone who is merely a back up CB at this stage.
I think we'd match it.

We have the saved wages for Schelotto and almost certainly Kayal burning a hole in Tony's pocket, before we even contemplate the saved wages if Duffy moves on.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Leeds can afford to offer him whatever they like, until they can agree a fee with us it's a completely irrelevant number. He's under contract for two more seasons and we will have a new improved contract on the table in the next few weeks. There is no way Tony Bloom will be held to ransom by Leeds or Ben White's agent, you don't make the kind of money Tony has by being anything other than ruthless when there is a need to be.

Simple fact is we only sell players when we want to and we don't want to sell Ben White, that's why we didn't agree the loan to buy deal when he joined Leeds and this season will have only cemented the belief of our staff that Ben is a star of the future.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think we'd match it.

We have the saved wages for Schelotto and almost certainly Kayal burning a hole in Tony's pocket, before we even contemplate the saved wages if Duffy moves on.

Yes, we can afford to but would we. Offering an unproven youngster a contract like that will form a small queue, of first teamers who are on significantly less money, (webster, Burn etc) to form outside PB office. We won't cause internal havoc on one player who has never played for the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Simple fact is we only sell players when we want to and we don't want to sell Ben White, that's why we didn't agree the loan to buy deal when he joined Leeds and this season will have only cemented the belief of our staff that Ben is a star of the future.

Best post on this thread. We haven't sold a player we didn't want to for a very long time. Arguably never under Tony Bloom's ownership? Ulloa maybe, but the £8m value we got was used well and was probably the reason we agreed it?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Next season is going to be challenging for all of the promoted teams.
With a limited pre-season, they may struggle getting in new players and bedding them into the team.
It may be advantageous for Leeds to try and secure White's signature on this basis.

Alternatively you could see a lot of money splashed about on proven Premier League players. (Tyrone Mings)

Sorry, what has Tyrone Mings proved in the Premier League?
That he can get relegated?:lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Leeds fans sound like Villa did last summer

Hopefully they will spend lots of money, claim they are not doing a Fulham and then do a Fulham as well
I love the 'doing a Fulham' thread on the villa forum. The way the bravado slowly changes to the sinking realisation that things were going badly wrong is highly amusing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Best post on this thread. We haven't sold a player we didn't want to for a very long time. Arguably never under Tony Bloom's ownership? Ulloa maybe, but the £8m value we got was used well and was probably the reason we agreed it?

Ulloa is probably the only example of a player sold when maybe we didn't really want to but the £8 million rising to £10 million with add ons was probably the peak of his value.

That's the numbers game that Tony plays, as proved by the Knocky transfer to Fulham where he managed to get more money than we turned down from Newcastle 4 years ago. Ben White is nowhere near the peak of his value to a gambling man like Tony Bloom.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The regulations are such that Leeds have to ask Brighton if we are willing to allow them to speak to him. If they have tapped him up prior which is also very likely, the conversation will be very short. Can we talk to Ben White? No..................Oh by the way we've reported you for tapping up our player.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
it was brisbane not sydney, partly funded it myself. for the life of me i can't add images but queensland whites on twitter have some images

It looked good. Amusing though that one of the Leeds kids thought it was the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Oh dear, it may be a long season on NSC ! Always enjoy your away fan perspective though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here