Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Leeds are nailed on for top half. Bielsa has done well. We have to stomach that I'm afraid.

Really ... nailed on ... after 6 games? If that’s the case It’s going to be so hard with the likes of palace and scumphampton in the top half and us having to muck it in the bottom half with city and Utd.

If they get through the seasons with no injuries or lengthy bans then yes possible but still a push.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There’s more than a few topics here I don’t enjoy, but I don’t barge in requesting them to be locked.

I didn't 'barge in' either. Don't know why the gratuitous rudeness. Closing the Ben White/ deluded Leeds fans has been mooted before - they are just a vessel for Leeds fans to come and have a poke on now; if it wasn't for Killer Whale and his ilk coming on to make mischief the threads would have died out to page 73 or thereabouts anyway.

But, hey, I'm terribly sorry to have an opinion ...................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't 'barge in' either. Don't know why the gratuitous rudeness. Closing the Ben White/ deluded Leeds fans has been mooted before - they are just a vessel for Leeds fans to come and have a poke on now; if it wasn't for Killer Whale and his ilk coming on to make mischief the threads would have died out to page 73 or thereabouts anyway.

But, hey, I'm terribly sorry to have an opinion ...................

But surely this is one of the great things about NSC. We tolerate, engage and banter with opposition fans. Most of us thought Leeds would struggle and they behaved like entitled spoilt brats over BW. We dished it and we now have to take it, as they are doing better than most of us expected. I live in hope that we can get back to taking the piss very shortly

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But surely this is one of the great things about NSC. We tolerate, engage and banter with opposition fans. Most of us thought Leeds would struggle and they behaved like entitled spoilt brats over BW. We dished it and we now have to take it, as they are doing better than most of us expected. I live in hope that we can get back to taking the piss very shortly
Fair enough - I quite agree that we should let fans of other teams on here, but also that there should be cut off points (as Killer Whale discovered). My opinion is that a cut off point has been reached for this thread - it was funny when Leeds were claiming he was their player and all that rubbish; I think it's served its time now.
Opinions, innit?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really ... nailed on ... after 6 games? If that’s the case It’s going to be so hard with the likes of palace and scumphampton in the top half and us having to muck it in the bottom half with city and Utd.

If they get through the seasons with no injuries or lengthy bans then yes possible but still a push.

Pl table after six games in 17/18 Palace hadn't won a single point yet stayed up. Huddersfield were flying but stayed up by the skin of their teeth.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...league-standings-for-gameweek-6-a3643476.html

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why are people so quick to judge after so few games?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Agree. I think most of us though were having laughs at the Leeds fans more so than the Leeds team.

But yes totally happy to eat humble pie as well, but let’s wait until end of season. Loooong way to go yet (not like that will stop their mob from getting carried away of course).

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Leeds are nowhere near the worst side defensively so far this season, in fact they have been fairly good defensively for the last 3-4 games after a shaky start, even with injuries to 3 of their CB's against Villa.

They will finish closer to the European spots than they will the relegation slots imo. They are sitting in the top 5 after a pretty difficult run of fixtures to start the season.

They will likely finish nowhere near the European slots or the Relegation slots. Mid table would be phenomenal for them. The season is 6 games old they're still in the honeymoon period. I think it's fair to suggest Southampton, Us, West Ham and even Burnley, Newcaslte and Palace could finish above them. I will say they've started far better than I expected but the season has barely got going yet if they're 5th after 20 games then fair enough.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Nearly a month since this thread got bounced. Bielsa nominated for FIFA Men's Best Coach for achieving the same (slightly less) than Chris Wilder. That is all

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Nearly a month since this thread got bounced. Bielsa nominated for FIFA Men's Best Coach for achieving the same (slightly less) than Chris Wilder. That is all

Yeah, looks like he was nominated by a bunch of no-hopers who know nothing about being coached...

oh hang on a minute...

20201125_125010.thumb.jpg.775f80b90286bcb43b42ac9134a18dce.jpg

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I really must be missing something. Bielsa as far as I am aware has actually won no major trophies, has had Leeds promoted as Champions from a very average second tier , and has had a couple good results in the Prem, but is now very much in the bottom third. He hasn't actually done anything that plenty of other managers havent done with more success

Why then is he viewed as such a great coach? Chris Wilder has done a much better job, considering how he has taken his team, using many of the same players, through the leagues and had an amazing season last year.

Leeds games may be entertaining, but although his team look safe enough, aren't exactly leaving everyone in their wake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here