Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which highly-rated players do you think are rubbish?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Watching Muff v Stains I was reminded yet again that Nathan Redmond annoys me. He's quite highly rated but he gives the ball away a lot and almost always picks the wrong pass when his side has an opportunity to break. Who grinds your gears and do you think is actually a bit crap?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Mings, obviously.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Paul Pogba - yes, on his day he can be great (a World Cup winner too) but in so many games he's seems somewhat anonymous. Rubbish would perhaps be hard, but yet to be truly convinced.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Maguire , and Stones are probably the most overrated CBs .

Benteke's made his living hoping he may score a goal now and then .

The one player that stands out for me as a total top rated waste of space is Ozil .

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
David Luiz!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My Scouse pal has a massive downer on Kane. I rather like him.

For me, the show ponies Zaha and Grealish are actually a detraction to progress at their clubs. Build a team round Pele, perhaps, but Wilf and Jack? Nah! Mug's game.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You what!!???

Exactly what my kids say to me.. I can't rationally explain it!! I just watch him and can't quite get the excitement. To annoy them (my kids) I compare him to Andy carroll!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Exactly what my kids say to me.. I can't rationally explain it!! I just watch him and can't quite get the excitement. To annoy them (my kids) I compare him to Andy carroll!

Ha! No, I get the irrational thing. I can't stand Neymar. I know he's good but I just can't like him.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Maguire.

Wouldn't get into our matchday sqaud IMO, but somehow starts for England?! Stones is overrated but at least you can see that he can pick a pass and move the ball up the pitch. Maguire looks Championship quality every time I see him play.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Dude. He's scored on his debut for every team and competition he's played for/in!

I'd also add, that although he's arrogant, he always backs it up. Prime example, when signing fo LA , he took out a full page advert in the local rag with just the words - 'Your welcome'. Then scored a worldy on his debut.

Classic.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here