Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] what's your moments of the season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
(mine but not in any order)

1) Connolly looks up and pings in the corner against Spurs - a false dawn to a certain extent but what a moment
2) Andone/Locadia being binned off - Potter's intent right there.
3) Ryan's save v Southampton - we're effectively safe to play a fourth year.
4) All that possession v Newcastle (A) - this is how we play now..
5) The 95 min team play leading up to the OG v Everton (H) - probably the most thrilling couple of seconds of 20/21
6) Maupay v Arsenal (A), Maupay v Arsenal (H) - the most unlikely double of any season. Maupay probably player of the season.
7) The final whistle v Wolves /Bissouma shows his worth MOM - Potter can be pragmatic too to get the points and also my/our last match - 135 days ago.
8) Ali J's overhead kick - goal of the season - although Trossard v Liverpool is up there.
9) Glenn equaliser v West Ham (A) - And Solly nearly nicked it at the end. Perhaps his swansong but what a sign off.
10) Signing of Lamptey on Jan 31 2020 - this and Potter including Alzate in the squad from pre-season onwards illustrate where club is headed.

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
1. Trossard’s goal v Liverpool....it was a stunning short passage of play leading to it and the whole thing just left me gobsmacked watching it on tv that our team scored that beautiful goal against the champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ali J's goal against Chelsea. Incredible technique and stunning goal. I remember standing for half a second in disbelief and then the place erupted. Photos of that moment captured the fans shared surprise well. I don't think I have ever or will ever see a better individual goal and I have watched the Albion since 1973.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Seeing Massive at the Amex, obviously.

I also remember really celebrating Watford's beautiful own goal at the Amex.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The OP has covered all that I can think of except El Galgo winding up Zaha and the Sheffield United crowd

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Agree with all of the above but honourable mention surely for that great goal against Bournemouth at the Amex - sublime cross from Trossard and stylish control and finish from Mooy - and the first 25 mins or so at Villa when we played them off the park

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Jahanbakhsh goal v Chelsea
Maupay making Guandozi cry in the last minute
Schelotto winding up Zaha

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Another moment to add - beating Watford 3-0 away on the first day of the season in glorious sunshine.
GP subbing on Maupay and Andone in the second half rather than a defensive sub when 1-0 up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maupays winner against Arsenal a month ago. Possibly would have been in a very different situation without it.

This is my favourite moment of “lockdown football” and absolutely pivotal towards survival.

For an “I was there” moment though it has to be Ali J’s overhead against Chelsea.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I would add:

- our flying start. Nobody expected us to turn over Watford 3-0
- AJ’s goal and subsequent tears against Bournemouth
- first half domination at Selhurst Park. They didn’t have a shot for an hour
- the Solly March inspired comeback at West Ham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pre lockdown

Dunk’s pass at Watford for the third goal.
AJ overhead kick.
Crowd singing to Knockaert at Stamford Bridge and his reaction.

Post lockdown

Maupay winner vs Arsenal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's hard to imagine anyone looking beyond AJ's goal.

Irrespective of the backstory that, and Skalak before him, is why we go to football.

The only doubt I have attached to it is:-

'Was it actually this season?' - It seems so long ago.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The Murray equaliser at West Ham is right up there for me. The old war horse grabbing a crucial late equaliser against a relegation rival after having been 2-0 and 3-1 down. The wait for VAR to decide handball or not.

I hope it’s not but that could be his last premier league goal for us and what a crucial one it was.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
(mine but not in any order)

1) Connolly looks up and pings in the corner against Spurs - a false dawn to a certain extent but what a moment
2) Andone/Locadia being binned off - Potter's intent right there.
3) Ryan's save v Southampton - we're effectively safe to play a fourth year.
4) All that possession v Newcastle (A) - this is how we play now..
5) The 95 min team play leading up to the OG v Everton (H) - probably the most thrilling couple of seconds of 20/21
6) Maupay v Arsenal (A), Maupay v Arsenal (H) - the most unlikely double of any season. Maupay probably player of the season.
7) The final whistle v Wolves /Bissouma shows his worth MOM - Potter can be pragmatic too to get the points and also my/our last match - 135 days ago.
8) Ali J's overhead kick - goal of the season - although Trossard v Liverpool is up there.
9) Glenn equaliser v West Ham (A) - And Solly nearly nicked it at the end. Perhaps his swansong but what a sign off.
10) Signing of Lamptey on Jan 31 2020 - this and Potter including Alzate in the squad from pre-season onwards illustrate where club is headed.

Number 6 :thumbsup:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just a really small moment for me, nothing amazing happened ...

It was Newcastle away, Alzate was in a tight spot in possession near his own corner flag ... he shifted his body weight, wrong footing the opponent, creating space to prod an out ball that didn't really look on and we got up the field.

Like I say, a small moment, but for me, it was the time when I thought, crikey, we've got a player here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here