Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Relegation Situation

Jimmy Grimble

I see Barnsley won today, meaning The Championship goes into the final round of fixtures with the rather unusual situation of 2 spots still needing to be filled from a potential 5 teams. Hull are bottom and can still stay up mathematically but it’s not happening.

And that of course doesn’t even factor Wigan into the equation pending their points deduction, meaning it becomes 2 from 6. It’ll be an interesting final day down there.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Been following Nathan Jones at Luton again, and he’s done a reasonable job considering where they started when he resumed control.

Would like them to stay up, but I do have a soft spot for Charlton too.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Luton and Wigan will win their home games. Leeds will still beat Charlton, made a fair few changes today and still won fairly comfortably reading the reports online. Think Barnsley might nick something at Brentford but given the wins for Luton and Wigan it won’t be enough.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Isn't the Championship such a great League? I absolutely love that Brentford are 35 points ahead of Barnsley and they meet in final game of season. They could end up two divisions apart or in the same division depending a lot on this result. That is exciting. Compare with next week's (yawn) PL schedule.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Been following Nathan Jones at Luton again, and he’s done a reasonable job considering where they started when he resumed control.

Would like them to stay up, but I do have a soft spot for Charlton too.

Although I have a soft spot for Nathan, I most certainly don't have one for Luton, considering what they have done to us over the years. Kenilworth Road has regularly been a graveyard or the Albion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sad for Barnsley as always had a soft spot for them being my dad's team. Can't see them avoiding relegation to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here