Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Stabbing at the Royal Sussex this morning

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A place where people go for help from caring people yet a worker gets stabbed and someone is arrested for attempted murder

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Well, he’s been sectioned under the mental health act, so it’s not like he’s been let off. If he’s insane then normal prison wouldn’t do much good.

It definitely sounds like he’s mad rather than evil. He should’ve been sectioned before stabbing someone, but it doesn’t sound like he’s in control of his own actions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That **** used to live in the flat above me. Walter Mitty character that lived in his own head. Used to pace around upstairs all night every night, all lights in his flat blazing. All this bollocks about the devil and the SAS. Funny how the original articles at the time said he stabbed the poor victim because he didn't have the key to the drugs cabinet. Hope they throw away the key to the ****'s padded cell :wave:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That **** used to live in the flat above me. Walter Mitty character that lived in his own head. Used to pace around upstairs all night every night, all lights in his flat blazing. All this bollocks about the devil and the SAS. Funny how the original articles at the time said he stabbed the poor victim because he didn't have the key to the drugs cabinet. Hope they throw away the key to the ****'s padded cell :wave:

Sounds like the Lawyer helped him alon with his telepathy stories then, my mum was up in the Thomas Kemp tower when this happed, I was turned away at visiting time at the entrance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, he’s been sectioned under the mental health act, so it’s not like he’s been let off. If he’s insane then normal prison wouldn’t do much good.

It definitely sounds like he’s mad rather than evil. He should’ve been sectioned before stabbing someone, but it doesn’t sound like he’s in control of his own actions.

I have it from a good source that his family were trying to get him sectioned BEFORE the stabbing.

Perhaps all of those making throw away remarks about mental health want to consider what might have been if we had MH services in this country that are fit for purpose.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Btw, it sounds like you’ve had some right back to fronts living in your building [emoji29]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I have it from a good source that his family were trying to get him sectioned BEFORE the stabbing.

Perhaps all of those making throw away remarks about mental health want to consider what might have been if we had MH services in this country that are fit for purpose.

In fact it's in the Argus:

His father Francis Mellon wanted his son to get urgent mental health treatment but was told there were no beds for him.

Shame it takes half an hour to get through the spammy ads and surveys on that site to read the article. Still, it 100% backs up what I was told two weeks ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Finding anywhere in the Royal Sussex is impossible. When I went for a wee it took me nearly half an hour to get back to my bed! The staff have always been very friendly though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In fact it's in the Argus:

His father Francis Mellon wanted his son to get urgent mental health treatment but was told there were no beds for him.

Shame it takes half an hour to get through the spammy ads and surveys on that site to read the article. Still, it 100% backs up what I was told two weeks ago.

The guy was perfectly compos mentis enough the year before to up sticks and move to the US to further his 'career' as a mover and/or shaker in the music business. The subsequent attempts to sway the narrative in his favour are quite vile IMHO. There's only one victim in all of this

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The guy was perfectly compos mentis enough the year before to up sticks and move to the US to further his 'career' as a mover and/or shaker in the music business. The subsequent attempts to sway the narrative in his favour are quite vile IMHO. There's only one victim in all of this

Had he been successfully sectioned as requested by his family before the incident, there would have been no victim. That's my point. A year ago counts for nothing - MH issues are well known to come and go. Doubt he was locked down in your example for a start.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had he been successfully sectioned as requested by his family before the incident, there would have been no victim. That's my point. A year ago counts for nothing - MH issues are well known to come and go. Doubt he was locked down in your example for a start.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here