Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup semi - Arsenal v Man City

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
(Arsenal were 8-1 to win).

At half time Arsenal lead by a goal, but they could be 4 nil up.

With Arteta’s inside knowledge, the game plan has been to man mark D.Silva and KDB. Citeh don’t know what to do. Citeh’s other midfielders and strikers just do not seem to possess that level of first touch or creativity.

Giving a blue print for other PL and CL opponents of Citeh?

45 to go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
(Arsenal were 8-1 to win).

At half time Arsenal lead by a goal, but they could be 4 nil up.

With Arteta’s inside knowledge, the game plan has been to man mark D.Silva and KDB. Citeh don’t know what to do. Citeh’s other midfielders and strikers just do not seem to possess that level of first touch or creativity.

Giving a blue print for other PL and CL opponents of Citeh?

45 to go.

Not watching but aren’t you doing Sterling a disservice ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not watching but aren’t you doing Sterling a disservice ?

Silva and KDB are world class creators who would’ve walked into the CM of Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve. They run games at any level. A rarity, the likes of Zidane, Pirlo, Xavi and Iniesta had.

Sterling is an elite winger/striker, but it’s not in his locker to control the tempo of matches, deprive opposition the ball, pull the strings.

A different position.

Imho.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Too much crowd noise

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What is it with these commentators making weird noises? Ever since Gary Neville started doing it they are all at it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Never have I ever been less interested in the FA Cup.

Will anyone watch it this year?

I didn't even know it was the semi finals till I saw this thread. Seems a bit of pointless exercise all round. I guess they are just playing it out to fulfill commitments to sponsors and broadcasters? Had they just binned it off I can't imagine too many people would have been bothered.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You can sense the tide turning at arsenal, they are starting to look like a very well coached team.

Man City naive defensively, as usual.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't even know it was the semi finals till I saw this thread. Seems a bit of pointless exercise all round. I guess they are just playing it out to fulfill commitments to sponsors and broadcasters? Had they just binned it off I can't imagine too many people would have been bothered.

Fans of the two Mancs clubs and Arsenal take the FAC and LC very seriously, bragging rights. Mourinho (when Manu manager), Guardiola and now it seems Arteta, covet silverware.

You can sense the tide turning at arsenal, they are starting to look like a very well coached team.

Man City naive defensively, as usual.

Remind me again which team beat them home and away in the League this season?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fans of the two Mancs clubs and Arsenal take the FAC and LC very seriously, bragging rights. Mourinho (when Manu manager), Guardiola and now it seems Arteta, covet silverware.

I have a lot of time for managers who take all the cups seriously.

One day we might have a manager who does too (yes, yes I know CH took us to the semis last season, but christ were we lucky to get that far)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a lot of time for managers who take all the cups seriously.

One day we might have a manager who does too (yes, yes I know CH took us to the semis last season, but christ were we lucky to get that far)

The FAC and LC are still taken very seriously by many clubs. They may play some fringe players in early rounds, but NOT when they’re up against a serious threat. The fans of ManC are gutted and angry tonight on their forum, whilst Arsenal feel like world beaters.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
2 of the others against mega spending Everton and CL finalists Spurs. Similarly, Wolves and West Ham struggle to beat us.

We’ll be alright once we learn to put away bottom half (budget) clubs with regularity!

Potter certainly deserves another season
Feels like we're walking a tightrope some times
Next season will either be spectacularly successful or a very hard fall
I don't think we'll see a repeat of this season

I read somewhere that Lawro has predicted Everton breaking into the top 4 next season,don't know what he's been smoking ???

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The FAC and LC are still taken very seriously by many clubs. They may play some fringe players in early rounds, but NOT when they’re up against a serious threat. The fans of ManC are gutted and angry tonight on their forum, whilst Arsenal feel like world beaters.

Yep.
The league Cup is our only chance of silverware really. No reason we couldn't go far again in the FA Cup either, tougher to win though perhaps, but the League Cup is one we could target. Still bloody tough to get near the final though of course, but it pisses me off when we bin it off every year with team selections like that at villa this season. I guess survival in the Prem is the main aim of the game rather than actually trying to win something... Sigh

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Yep.
The league Cup is our only chance of silverware really. No reason we couldn't go far again in the FA Cup either, tougher to win though perhaps, but the League Cup is one we could target. Still bloody tough to get near the final though of course, but it pisses me off when we bin it off every year with team selections like that at villa this season. I guess survival in the Prem is the main aim of the game rather than actually trying to win something... Sigh

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Brighton captain at Wembley holding a Cup above his head

Especially a Brighton born one :albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter certainly deserves another season
Feels like we're walking a tightrope some times
Next season will either be spectacularly successful or a very hard fall
I don't think we'll see a repeat of this season

I read somewhere that Lawro has predicted Everton breaking into the top 4 next season,don't know what he's been smoking ???

Ancelotti’s good, but there are so many weaknesses in that squad. This will be reflected in rubbish lay odds, once out.

Although many Everton and Villa fans are calling for all out spending sprees of £100m’s from their owners this summer. They believe that the shock ManC ruling and Covid19 have effectively ended Financial Fair Play.

Regarding GP, so far I float between being a match-day pessimist and overreacting after a win. But my instinct is that we’re going to improve in every way. I feel quietly optimistic about the Ashworth and Potter combination. If we can all see flaws, we can be sure that they’re working 24-7 on recruitment and coaching solutions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here