Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Camping

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Anyone go? Looking to find a decent campsite for mid August within a 2 hour drive of Lewes/Brighton. Here's the criteria.

There's 13 adults and 2 children and a dog made up of 5 families

We'd need 10 pitches although we could reduce that.

Showers and bogs essential

Site shop, pub in walking distance, fires allowed.....good but not essential

We've been interested in a site in Bodium called Park Farm. It fulfilled almost every criteria so we took a trip today and checked it out. There must of been 3,000+ people there and was kind of off putting. We will use it as a plan B

Any suggestions or recommendations that won't break the bank?

Ta muchly

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
You could try here, they love a caravan.

FC0131DC-558E-4FB5-93C9-36AF7A4E6918.jpeg
Only problem, it won’t be ready for quite some time!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I do but tend to wild camp. Ilike to get away from the crowds and enjoy the peace and quite.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not particularly....couple of hours drive either side of Brighton.

Obvs the New Forest ...but anywhere mid August is busy ..particularly this year I imagine..with peeps holidaying at home...I’ll ask my sister she goes three/four times a year

First up she says some still havnt got there toilets up and won’t for 2020

East Horsley caravan and camping club off A24 does have them open as does Canterbury caravan and camping site...she’s been to both

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyone go? Looking to find a decent campsite for mid August within a 2 hour drive of Lewes/Brighton. Here's the criteria.

We've been interested in a site in Bodium called Park Farm. It fulfilled almost every criteria so we took a trip today and checked it out. There must of been 3,000+ people there and was kind of off putting. We will use it as a plan B

Ta muchly

Stayed here a few times

http://www.honeybridgepark.co.uk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Ta muchly

You can go wrong the the Isle of Wight. Wonderful places to visit. Easy to get about and good campsites.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't get it and never will, I tried it, didn't like it, not for me.
I had worked hard all year for a camping trip in the south of France for my holiday, where for 2 weeks I worked even harder.
I don't get it and never will.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ta muchly

Blacklands Farm (nr Twineham)
Been here a few times, some nice walks, good pubs nearby, fires allowed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't get it and never will, I tried it, didn't like it, not for me.
I had worked hard all year for a camping trip in the south of France for my holiday, where for 2 weeks I worked even harder.
I don't get it and never will.

I’ve been camping twice a year from about 12 years or so, but never longer than a week, mostly long weekends. Even as a seasoned camper don’t think I could do 2 weeks. Always find a long weekend quite hard work with all the packing, unpacking, setting up etc. but always return very refreshed. You were brave tackling such a long break camping.

boik

I’ve been camping twice a year from about 12 years or so, but never longer than a week, mostly long weekends. Even as a seasoned camper don’t think I could do 2 weeks. Always find a long weekend quite hard work with all the packing, unpacking, setting up etc. but always return very refreshed. You were brave tackling such a long break camping.
We go off in our campervan for a 5 week trip every year and I couldn't be more relaxed. Waking up every morning and not knowing where you're going to end up and what you're going to see is fabulous. Need to travel light and be very well organised tho. The less you take the less to go wrong.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Beware of Park Farm - can be very noisy at night as used as a party site. Our experience was having drunk/drugged kids driving cars, doing donuts at 3am did not make for a good nights sleep!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here