Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Beefy

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In a totally unrelated note, I'm told by some contacts in the TV industry that more than one ex player from his era had to be closely watched around members of the opposite sex to prevent any more "misunderstandings" that needed to be smoothed over

How interesting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He has done an awful lot of charity work, his " walks " were legendary and gruelling. I think it's fair to say he deserves his knighthood for services to Cricket and charity, but, stepping up to the upper chamber as a reward for supporting Brexit? I think this is a little bit of mischief on somebody's part.

He was never a standard bearer for economic suicide and I don't think he was anything like as prominent as that Cider befuddled old scarecrow, Tim Martin. Someone is having a laugh.

This is a conservative masterstroke.

National sporting and charity hero gets rewarded for supporting Brexit.

Anybody who raises an eyebrow is a traitor and commy. Fact.

First out of the traps in this thread to offer approval is a conservative supporter. The next person (etc etc).

When Wilson made Joe Kagan, the bloke who made his Gannex coats, a Baron, I was embarrassed. And yet, after all this time, some tories still approve of this shit. Who knew?

What next? It has to be Baron Nige von Farrage, surely? ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

First out of the traps in this thread to offer approval is a conservative supporter. The next person (etc etc).

When Wilson made Joe Kagan, the bloke who made his Gannex coats, a Baron, I was embarrassed. And yet, after all this time, some tories still approve of this shit. Who knew?

Nice idea to start a little commotion that distracts from Johnson's crap performance. Good move by Cumming's.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think the outrage is confected. Colin Cowdrey, Learie Constantine, Rachel Heyhoe Flint. Its not like it's never happened before with cricketers.

Tony Blair loved giving out life peerages.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In a totally unrelated note, I'm told by some contacts in the TV industry that more than one ex player from his era had to be closely watched around members of the opposite sex to prevent any more "misunderstandings" that needed to be smoothed over

Was that the player who suddenly decided he did not like overseas tours ? .... Not Banger, obviously ?

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Was that the player who suddenly decided he did not like overseas tours ?

Sorry I'm not sure who that is. It was suggested that some who went on to media careers and some who did'nt ,couldn't come to terms with changing social attitudes after they'd retired. Or that they were no longer slim fit sportsmen in their twenties and as such younger ladies maybe weren't so keen on their company.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Somewhere on here there is a story from our departed friend BensGrandad about his personal experience of Ian Botham’s character. It doesn’t paint Botham in a great light.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Somewhere on here there is a story from our departed friend BensGrandad about his personal experience of Ian Botham’s character. It doesn’t paint Botham in a great light.

Don’t believe everything that may or may not have been overheard in the Martlet’s Cafe......[emoji16]

I miss him on here. It’s not the same without him [emoji3525]

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I once saw a picture of his penis on the internet.

Great cricketer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Thick as pigshit.

And that's being kind to pigs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's also one in the eye for the few remainers who can't accept the referendum result or give up their self appointed moral high-ground........

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...VGe8AKHZpuAGMQ_h0wAHoECAkQBA&biw=1366&bih=643

Oh dear, Brexit = racist - how does that work in this case then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here