Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Beefy

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
In a totally unrelated note, I'm told by some contacts in the TV industry that more than one ex player from his era had to be closely watched around members of the opposite sex to prevent any more "misunderstandings" that needed to be smoothed over

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't begrudge his knighthood for his playing career and charity work but a role in the upper chamber of Parliament? Really?

What makes you think that being a peer will see his regular presence in the House of Lords? Like most of the rest of them, only likely to turn up once in a blue moon.

Or less.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well deserved. Who deserves a peerage more than Beefy? Done loads for this country - in sport and then for charity. Wonderful man.

It has been said that charity is its own reward.

Who was that other odd bloke who was once lauded for his charity work? Ah yes, Jimmy Savile.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He has done an awful lot of charity work, his " walks " were legendary and gruelling. I think it's fair to say he deserves his knighthood for services to Cricket and charity, but, stepping up to the upper chamber as a reward for supporting Brexit? I think this is a little bit of mischief on somebody's part.

He was never a standard bearer for economic suicide and I don't think he was anything like as prominent as that Cider befuddled old scarecrow, Tim Martin. Someone is having a laugh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ye, Brexit is a wonderful thing that has united this country and secured our future

As long as people keep posting ironic comments, as opposed to nasty comparisons to other figures of charridee who have benefitted by providing extraordinary service to the Conservative party, this thread will stay out of the bear pit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here