Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] National League Play off Semi Final

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Having lived in Grimsby for 20 odd years growing up before moving away, what do you make of Town’s chances next season? I think you’ll win the league under Holloway, isn’t there talk of Omar Bogle coming back this summer too?

League Two is notoriously difficult to predict, and never more so than right now. We’d made some real progress under Holloway but I think to go from lower mid table also rans to title contenders so quickly is a little unrealistic. I’d be more than happy to have a genuine flirt with the play-offs next season - personally I think the current environment suits clubs with wealthy backers so promotion is really for the likes of Salford and Forest Green to lose.

As for the Bogle rumour, I think that was just kids on Twitter. We’ve just lost our best striker in Charles Vernam for absolutely nothing despite having an option to extend his contract because we couldn’t afford to match his existing wages. We won’t be signing a player who has become used to top-end Championship wages for the last couple of years, no matter how much of a buyers market it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here