Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018/19 Attendances

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
According to a transport assessment for the club by Vectos in March this year, these were our actual attendances for the 2018/19 season.

Can be found on the council planning site, along with expansion plans using BH2013/01356.

I assume a few thousand no shows every game is normal for most clubs.

7E3601F0-2618-4A3F-90AF-18A2F0C19A6F.jpeg

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Not sure how they get these figures. Whenever I have gone by train there has been no ticket checking and accurately counting a crowd on and off the trains would be impossible. Same with the Park and rRide though an estimate may be more accurate using the number of buses used.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to a transport assessment for the club by Vectos in March this year, these were our actual attendances for the 2018/19 season.

Can be found on the council planning site, along with expansion plans using BH2013/01356.

I assume a few thousand no shows every game is normal for most clubs.

View attachment 126251

Thanks.

Those would be the low point (imho) in our pre-Lockdown PL home games, with the god awful football of the losing machine in 2019. Cardiff says it all, some mods even started to admit missing games purely because they knew it was going to be awful.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Thanks.

Those would be the low point (imho) in our pre-Lockdown PL home games, with the god awful football and the losing machine in 2019. Cardiff says it all, some mods even started to admit missing games purely because they knew it was going to be awful.
Also taking into account the time of the fixture and lesser numbers of away support. Good figures in my opinion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure how they get these figures. Whenever I have gone by train there has been no ticket checking and accurately counting a crowd on and off the trains would be impossible. Same with the Park and rRide though an estimate may be more accurate using the number of buses used.

Thinks if it’s legit it is passed to them by the club from the turnstiles. Remember a few years back maybe 2011 when there was 13k or something actually at selhurst for our game with them - police confirmed it despite 16k being announced pretendance. Meant there were only 10k or so Nigel’s in there for their first game against us in years - they weren’t happy when the truth came out their followers :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really interesting info, thank you for sharing this. The pretendance stats makes a mockery of comparisons v attendances at the Goldstone.

Would be fascinating to get for previous seasons as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really interesting info, thank you for sharing this. The pretendance stats makes a mockery of comparisons v attendances at the Goldstone.

Would be fascinating to get for previous seasons as well.

Now now. Not a good look to talk the club down. ???

The pretendance stats reflect the extent to which Tony Bloom is committed to the club. For my reasoning see the Blackadder 'election night' eposode. :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton & Hove Albion are only 1 of 2 clubs to have ever averaged over 17,000 in the 4th tier.
Brighton & Hove Albion are only 1 of 2 clubs to have ever had a crowd of over 30,000 in the 4th tier.

The other team in the fourth tier was Palace

1960/61 average crowd 19092 and crowd of 37774 in the same season. Who’d have thunk it

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Brighton & Hove Albion are only 1 of 2 clubs to have ever averaged over 17,000 in the 4th tier.
Brighton & Hove Albion are only 1 of 2 clubs to have ever had a crowd of over 30,000 in the 4th tier.

The other team in the fourth tier was Palace

1960/61 average crowd 19092 and crowd of 37774 in the same season. Who’d have thunk it

Another reason why the rivalry works. If that happened these days, outsiders would quite easily see why that rivalry is there.

We actually averaged just under 18,000 that season, but you probably knew that already.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Another reason why the rivalry works. If that happened these days, outsiders would quite easily see why that rivalry is there.

We actually averaged just under 18,000 that season, but you probably knew that already.

Sadly not, I only changed allegiance from being an armchair long distance Spurs fan in 1976 :down:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Just to let everyone know, I wasn’t having a go at the fans or club, just wanted to provide clarity to the actual attendances, as sometimes people have said that there were c.5000 empty seats for some games.

It is also a reminder that there are always going to be no shows with the amount of season ticket holders that we have, unfortunately. It’s probably the same with most clubs.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Sadly not, I only changed allegiance from being an armchair long distance Spurs fan in 1976 :down:

:ohmy:

Still, many years before I was born.

What I meant was that I thought you would’ve known the attendance that year as you already knew the Palace one.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:ohmy:

Still, many years before I was born.

What I meant was that I thought you would’ve known the attendance that year as you already knew the Palace one.

I was lazy I only looked up who had the highest attendances and record crowd, the link didn’t even mention Albion. We must have been under the radar, even back then :lolol:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

This is what other supporters can’t quite work out.... Two noddy clubs without a major trophy between them but for most of their history have had a large fan base in what ever divisions they find themselves.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is what other supporters can’t quite work out.... Two noddy clubs without a major trophy between them but for most of their history have had a large fan base in what ever divisions they find themselves.

I love the quizzical looks from fans of other clubs when I tell them what a big deal Brighton vs Palace games are to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here