Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Christian. Walton

Feb 9, 2012
perth
With keeper's job up for grabs according to some (at least before the Southampton game) I was curious to see how the not so young anymore Walton's year at Blackburn has been going.

Often touted as our Number one in waiting, judging by Blackburn fans' views he sadly won't be the answer...if indeed we even have a spot to improve.

This from their season review of loanees https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34546-transfers-2019-20-review/

Walton - 2

If you had asked me pre lock down it probably would have been a 5. A poor half of the season was seeming to be offset somewhat by some solid performances, although that in part just accentuated the problem of having a loan keeper. Since then Walton has shown that his first half of the season wasn't simply an adjustment period and has (bar the West Brom game) put in some of the most abject performances of any keeper in a Rovers shirt, costing us a number of points. So two thirds of a season he has been horrific, we don't own a first choice keeper so it doesn't matter if there's potential in there (his few good performances suggest that he might become decent in a number of years) .and he cost us a lot of points. Meanwhile we swapped out a keeper with potential who's done pretty well, had a lot of potential and was ours. I genuinely don't think we could have handled this any worse.

To be fair I think thats a 2 and not a minus 2!

Just wondering if any on here have actually seen him this year...embarrassed to say I haven't watched a championship game since we became a 'big club'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With keeper's job up for grabs according to some (at least before the Southampton game) I was curious to see how the not so young anymore Walton's year at Blackburn has been going.

Often touted as our Number one in waiting, judging by Blackburn fans' views he sadly won't be the answer...if indeed we even have a spot to improve.

This from their season review of loanees https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34546-transfers-2019-20-review/

Walton - 2

If you had asked me pre lock down it probably would have been a 5. A poor half of the season was seeming to be offset somewhat by some solid performances, although that in part just accentuated the problem of having a loan keeper. Since then Walton has shown that his first half of the season wasn't simply an adjustment period and has (bar the West Brom game) put in some of the most abject performances of any keeper in a Rovers shirt, costing us a number of points. So two thirds of a season he has been horrific, we don't own a first choice keeper so it doesn't matter if there's potential in there (his few good performances suggest that he might become decent in a number of years) .and he cost us a lot of points. Meanwhile we swapped out a keeper with potential who's done pretty well, had a lot of potential and was ours. I genuinely don't think we could have handled this any worse.

To be fair I think thats a 2 and not a minus 2!

Just wondering if any on here have actually seen him this year...embarrassed to say I haven't watched a championship game since we became a 'big club'
I was wondering last season whether Sanchez was likely to overtake him - started off like a train at Forest Green, but then faded, making too many mistakes. Haven't really heard anything much about Sanchez this season though - how's he doing at Rochdale?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Are we really relying on a fans social media tweet on how one of our star prospects is getting on ???

He’s coming home (I assume as #2) or we’re selling him, Barber alluded to this a while ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here