Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Confirmed loans as of 02/09

Matt Clarke to Derby County (Championship)
Shane Duffy to Celtic (Scottish Premier League)
Jurgen Locadia to FC Cincinnati (MLS)
Ryan Longman to AFC Wimbledon (League One)
Jan Mlakar to NK Maribor (Slovenian Prva Liga)
Glenn Murray to Watford (Championship)
Warren O'Hora to MK Dons (League One)
Leo Østigård to Coventry City (Championship)
Taylor Richards to Doncaster Rovers (League One)
Percy Tau to Anderlecht (Belgian Jupiler League)
Tom McGill to Crawley Town (League Two)

Who else goes out, and where do they go? This is what I’m thinking may happen

Name Age League
Bernardo 25 Mid Bundesliga
Alex Cochrane 20 Pompey
Tudor Baluta 21 Lower Mid Eredivisie
Viktor Gyökeres 22 Mid Championship
Hayden Roberts 18 Mid Championship
Jayson Molumby 20 Top Chamionship
Max Sanders 20 Lower Championship
Robert Sánchez 22 Top League One
Carl Rushworth 19 Lower League Two

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Bernardo would surely be a sale.
I can see one of Ostigard or Clarke coming in as fourth choice CB if Dunk/Duffy are sold. Ostigard also moves into the last year of his contract I believe so we might want to cash in.
Mlakar has shown nothing that would interest another Championship club. He’ll go abroad.
Baluta is a difficult one. He had all the hype last summer but didn’t break through to the first team and then his Dutch loan was cut short.
Rushworth will probably be the U23s main keeper next season based on his comments when signing his contract extension.
O’Hora I would suggest hasn’t stood out enough to attract a Championship club. Suspect he’ll get a L1/L2 loan with view to purchase.
There are a few others primed for loans as well - Gwargis, Yapi and Richards foremost.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
This is as good a thread as any for the 2020/21 Loanee Tracker.

Confirmed so far:

Jurgen Locadia to FC Cincinatti (MLS)
Jan Mlakar to NK Maribor (Slovenian Prva Liga)
Warren O'Hora to MK Dons (League One)
Percy Tau to Anderlecht (Belgian Jupiler League)

Expect another 15-20 players out over the next few weeks.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
BrightTerrificGnu-size_restricted.gif

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Some of those are old enough to make a decision on. Gyokeres, Clarke. Should know by now if they are going to be players who can improve us

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some of those are old enough to make a decision on. Gyokeres, Clarke. Should know by now if they are going to be players who can improve us

If we sell White next summer, Clarke is a ready made replacement. Not as technical but a good defender who can pass the ball and will only get better.
Gyokeres is close to being a good squad player but really needs to play in the Championship to develop

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If we sell White next summer, Clarke is a ready made replacement. Not as technical but a good defender who can pass the ball and will only get better.
Gyokeres is close to being a good squad player but really needs to play in the Championship to develop

Really wonder what they are going to do with Gyökeres. I know Potter followed him back in Sweden and when he played in the January tournament with the Swedish B-national team two years ago, he was by far the best player. Im guessing he will get a chance in one or two preseason games and then a decision will be made.

The loan to St Pauli was a bit unfortunate as they have two Bundesliga level strikers and he had to play a lot on the wing, so its hard to judge him from that.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Unfortunately we've had several player around the club for a very long time but there has never been the obvious route to ensure we develop such players to make sure they join the first team and add something the manager can work with. Under Potter we have that clear and obvious pathway which has seen a clear set of abilities as priorities and should enable a few to make that jump and other the opportunity to move towards it.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Bernardo would surely be a sale.
I can see one of Ostigard or Clarke coming in as fourth choice CB if Dunk/Duffy are sold. Ostigard also moves into the last year of his contract I believe so we might want to cash in.
Mlakar has shown nothing that would interest another Championship club. He’ll go abroad.
Baluta is a difficult one. He had all the hype last summer but didn’t break through to the first team and then his Dutch loan was cut short.
Rushworth will probably be the U23s main keeper next season based on his comments when signing his contract extension.
O’Hora I would suggest hasn’t stood out enough to attract a Championship club. Suspect he’ll get a L1/L2 loan with view to purchase.
There are a few others primed for loans as well - Gwargis, Yapi and Richards foremost.

I have to say in terms of Baluta, he needs to show a lot of improvement. He was in a poor ADO team, but definitely didn't shine and didn't look up to speed. I remember talking with Pardew who had high hopes for him when he first signed but in the end wasn't much of a first choice.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have to say in terms of Baluta, he needs to show a lot of improvement. He was in a poor ADO team, but definitely didn't shine and didn't look up to speed. I remember talking with Pardew who had high hopes for him when he first signed but in the end wasn't much of a first choice.
I really don't think we can hold anyone's performances in an ALLLLLLLLLLLLLan Pardew team against them.

I thought it was an abysmal choice of loan club at the time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What’s the latest with Hayden and Max?

I can see them being earmarked for Championship level this season.

And what's the latest with Molumby? - not included in either the senior or U23 squads on the official website. Mind you, as Bernardo, Solly March and Ali J are included in the U23 squad on there, I think the site needs a bit of updating!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here